Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

New trio recording Dutch swinger, Daan Kleijn

I just found out about a new record of one of my favorite young guitarists. Dutch Guitarist, based in NYC; Daan Kleijn. Released last week the album is called Passages and I just downloaded it from Itunes.. Classic guitar trio! Swinging stuff, nice archtop tone.

The Itunes page has mp3 samples of all the tracks

Passages by Daan Kleijn on iTunes
    Last edited by jamie1805; 06-03-2018 at 07:37 PM.

the guitar on the cover is a really beautiful Campellone
    Attached Images Attached Images New trio recording Dutch swinger, Daan Kleijn-passages-_-cover_small-jpeg 

Ooh, I really liked last CD, 'trio'! Will buy this one as well.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting the iTunes preview for Daan.

I'd never heard of him before but I absolutely love the guy's playing!

Very melodic and creative with a gorgeous sound - what more could you ask for.

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Learn To Play Chord Melody Guitar

I've been a fan for a while now, he does some promo videos for Elferink guitars in the Netherlands sometimes which are really nice; Here's one recent one where he plays Alfie. The sound is recorded a little funny with lots of reverb but its a beautiful arrangement!

Oh yes, good video. Nice guitar also, but I don't think he ever plays his Elferink live..

Quote Originally Posted by yoichi View Post
    Oh yes, good video. Nice guitar also, but I don't think he ever plays his Elferink live..
    Why would he, that campellone is much nicer

Quote Originally Posted by jamie1805 View Post
    Why would he, that campellone is much nicer
    I think it's hard to say one is better, both campellone and elferink are in the top of luthiers in the world. They are just different instruments with different characteristics. It depends on your preference more than the "quality" of the instrument I think.

I guess you're right with instruments in the top tier level, they are all "good" instruments.. I have a skype lesson with Daan tomorrow so I can ask him all the gear questions I want!

Quote Originally Posted by jamie1805 View Post
    I guess you're right with instruments in the top tier level, they are all "good" instruments.. I have a skype lesson with Daan tomorrow so I can ask him all the gear questions I want!
    Care to share any details on the lesson? whatd you go over, how was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin1993 View Post
    Care to share any details on the lesson? whatd you go over, how was it?

Hi Irwin, it was great, I actually ended up taking 5 lessons. Now with the kids home for summer break I don't have time but I'll probably continue again after the summer. He is not really a "gear" head although he has some nice amps but only his main guitar, the Campellone. We mostly worked on how to build up a practice routine in a "smart" way. It's really been helpful and my practice has become much more fun and engaging!

recommended!

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed