The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone know where I can find sheet music to this song? or the chord changes? thanks

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi OscarPaul,

The chord changes for Breezin' are quite simple: Dmaj7, Bm7, Em7, A9sus
    It's one measure for each chord, and the pattern repeats throughout. If you need more details, I think I still have a hand written lead sheet.

User Info Menu

I found the transcription some time ago...

When I find out where it was I will post it...

play on man...

User Info Menu

What voicing of the A9sus (4?) do you like to use?

User Info Menu

For Breezin I prefer to play A9sus4 (low to high) A G B D. Basically it's just a G triad with the A in the bass (G/A).

Thanks alot!

Sorry, I know this is anold thread but I thought I would share this link in case anyone new is searching for a full transcription.

this link is for a free PDF file of a book that includes several Benson tunes including Breezin'. I downloaded it and ran virus scans to make sure the file is clean. Enjoy!!!

http://docsid.free.fr/Partitions/Ben...e%20Benson.pdf

User Info Menu

I know that Bobbie Womack wrote the song, and I think he wrote words for it as well? But I don't think he recorded it at all before Gabor Szabo recorded it? Womack played rhythm guitar on that recording.

Then 5 years later Benson takes it up, and it's like throwing gasoline on a fire.

Womack had quite a turbulent personal life--barely survived being shot at by his wife (Sam Cooke's ex) because he was having an affair with his stepdaughter.

Great song, though...better without the words.