The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 22 of 22
    Hello everyone,

It's been a long while since we've posted, but we wanted to share the news that we have created a Channel where we will be uploading our entire Barney Kessel series, Jazz Guitar Improvisation, Progressive Concepts and Chord-Melody Style) to Youtube.

We're just getting started so each Sunday you will see a few more lessons posted.

We hope you will enjoy seeing them again (perhaps for the first time) and learning how to improvise with the great musician and educator, Barney Kessel.

Sincerely,
    Rumark Video

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thank you Rumark!

User Info Menu

Thank you for doing this! Your work and generosity are much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Thank you so very much for your generosity. I'll check it on YT and subscribe.

User Info Menu

Thank you very much.

Tony D.

You are welcome. Enjoy, learn and pass on the the link for others.

If anyone has suggestions on where we can make announcements, please let us know so we can continue to spread the word.

Thanks so much for your support!
    Last edited by Rumark Video; 01-19-2018 at 10:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting Barney Kessel's original video content on YouTube for everyone.

I used to have copies of those 3 VHS videos when they first came out and loved every minute of them. Barney was an exciting guitarist to hear in person. I used to go see him whenever he would perform at The King Of France tavern in Annapolis back in the 1970s.

He was one of the very few jazz guitarists that could improvise with chords as fluently as he improvised with single notes!

User Info Menu

Thanks times 100!!!

User Info Menu

This is great. Thanks Rumark!

User Info Menu

Is there any way we could get PDF's of the booklets? Not a big deal if not, you're already giving so much. Just wondering

User Info Menu

subscribed! Thank you so much for posting this, I will definitely share it.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarmek
    Is there any way we could get PDF's of the booklets? Not a big deal if not, you're already giving so much. Just wondering
    That's a great idea and we are looking into it. Enjoy the videos and we will post with any updates.

Lessons 1 and 2 are uploaded to our Channel.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more each Sunday!

Rumark Video

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumark Video
    Lessons 1 and 2 are uploaded to our Channel.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more each Sunday!

Rumark Video
    Those are great! Thank you for posting these.

Is there any way to access the written material that accompanied the videos? A pdf would be grand. I'd be happy to pay something for them.

We're working on it

We're busy posting the 3rd in the series of Barney Kessel Jazz Guitar Improvisation: Chord-Melody Style.

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Dear Rumark,

I’ve just been through the “Jazz Guitar Improvisation” course. Wonderful. Barney is fantastic and offers such great advice. I’ll also go through the others.

I second the two key messages: (1) THANK YOU SO MUCH! (2) It would be wonderful if you could make the booklets available.

Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks.

User Info Menu

That's a treasure!
    Thank you so much!
    Hail to the great Barney Kessel!

User Info Menu

What a great gift, thank you!

User Info Menu

Thank you for your posts Rumark. Barney Kessel is one of the greats and had a wonderful chord strumming technique.

Could you -or anyone- please help me and indicate how to get the booklets?

Thanks in advance

User Info Menu

Ooops, the videos seem to have disappeared from the web. Any clues as to where they could still be found?