The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 67 of 67

User Info Menu

I'm still there and it's gets better and better each day. Frank really works to make things better around there and he is always on the board answering us.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by clebergf
    I'm still there and it's gets better and better each day. Frank really works to make things better around there and he is always on the board answering us.
    Keeps amazing me what time and efforts he's putting in there. So much good stuff to learn and work on. I'm glad I subscribed!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Keeps amazing me what time and efforts he's putting in there. So much good stuff to learn and work on. I'm glad I subscribed!
    Me too! But I can't keep up with all the material he puts out. Which is a nice problem to have, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Me too! But I can't keep up with all the material he puts out. Which is a nice problem to have, right?
    Absolutely! LOL!

User Info Menu

Some one needs to have a word - I didn't log in for about 10 days for various reasons & found 87 notifications waiting, one was 'Frank has replied to a post you made' ALL the rest were 'new content posted to the channel'...just when I was catching up as well.

User Info Menu

I signed up a couple of weeks ago. Haven't regretted it for a second. I'm kicking myself for not signing up when it was $5 a month. I don't know how Frank keeps up with it. He does video responses from hotel rooms.

User Info Menu

Just curious for those of you who were paying $5 a month, did your rates go up or are you locked in at that price? I'm an all access member and was going to try Frank's channel but it's $10/mo for his Jazz Studio. No doubt, totally worth that price if you'll use it, but at that price I think I should just work through the core Jazz courses first (since I'm already paying for it) so I can really take advantage after learning the basics & theory. If there were a way to get it for $5 tho, it'd be a no-brainer.

User Info Menu

No price increase at the $5 level that I experienced. IIRC, that was a promo for the first few months (maybe the first year?) that the studio was open. MarkRhodes probably has a better recollection.

I think it would be a great deal even at $10 a month, but that's just my opinion. There is a lot of content there and Frank updates lessons pretty much weekly. The Chord Melody Club section goes from basic arrangements with performance and "break-down" videos to more sophisticated arrangements using typical CM fills and subs when the chart changes are spare. The CM section is not updated as often as the regular lessons, but I believe that Frank will add something on request.

I joined when it first opened and I have purchased about $200 in additional courses from Frank, but that is because I made a decision to commit to his courses as I find his method straight-forward and easy for me to understand. I have not taken a private lesson with him but I believe that MarkRhodes had at least one lesson that he was happy with.

As usual, just my opinion.

User Info Menu

I'm still paying $5 a month, no price increase.
    There's so much material there it's almost ridiculous.
    Frank adds material often, and all kinds (improv, technique, chord melody, stuff aimed at beginners, his six-step system of learning standards, and impromptu lessons---just video, no lead sheets, etc---on one way to apprach a a particular tune. It's like sitting with him for a lesson.

What's there already could keep someone busy for years.
    And he keeps adding more!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I'm still paying $5 a month, no price increase.
    There's so much material there it's almost ridiculous.
    Frank adds material often, and all kinds (improv, technique, chord melody, stuff aimed at beginners, his six-step system of learning standards, and impromptu lessons---just video, no lead sheets, etc---on one way to apprach a a particular tune. It's like sitting with him for a lesson.

What's there already could keep someone busy for years.
    And he keeps adding more!
    Agreed on all counts!

User Info Menu

Yep, still $5....signed up for Vinny Raniolo's channel at the same rate last month. (& some more which I let slide after realising they didn't come with the extra hours I need to make use of them)...

Masses of material - FV in particular seems to have more time to upload stuff than I have to play it. I'd still subscribe at $10 pm.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dot75
    Yep, still $5....signed up for Vinny Raniolo's channel at the same rate last month. (& some more which I let slide after realising they didn't come with the extra hours I need to make use of them)...

Masses of material - FV in particular seems to have more time to upload stuff than I have to play it. I'd still subscribe at $10 pm.
    Frank was in an accident a couple years back and hurt his arm. I think he spent a lot of his recuperation time working on (producing) lessons.

User Info Menu

Frank's channel is great! But there is so much material on it that you can drown .... Has anyone tried to systematize the information on the channel for their own purposes? Did someone create a focused, daily practice routine from Frank's material?

User Info Menu

I am having my picks (rather random I have to admit) - learning the songs plus any material that comes in handy regarding the specific things I'm working on at any given time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kmatuhin
    Frank's channel is great! But there is so much material on it that you can drown .... Has anyone tried to systematize the information on the channel for their own purposes? Did someone create a focused, daily practice routine from Frank's material?
    I'm like TOMMO. I just pick the tunes/techniques at random.

I've commented a few times that Truefire needs to install a search function. Things are spread out all over the place and are hard to find. However, I can't complain too much about the organization given that Frank really dedicates a lot of time and effort answering questions and uploading material. I don't know how he finds the time.

User Info Menu

There is a lot. Too much to absorb at once. I focus on tunes the most. Some of the exercises (-technique) I already know but some I do not. Some of the tunes I already know but some I do not. And some I like more even if they're not really advanced ("When You're Smiling," for example.) Some take a good while to really get down ("Round Midnight"). I think the best short description of how I approach Frank's abundance of material is "in fits and starts." ;o)

User Info Menu

As everyone is saying the songs is the way, but you can have a private lesson with Frank to ask for guidance.