The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Paul's on an Aebersold play-along with Joey DeFrancesco. Volume 123, "Now's the Time: Standards with the Joey DeFrancesco Trio."

jazzbooks.com: Product Details
    Many thanks.

I've listened into the four on six demo, I know it's crazy, but I enjoy the backing track as a complete recording... :-) rare thing.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I studied with Paul for a while; he's one of the best jazz guitar teachers I've ever had. Not only does he play incredibly, but he also can break down how and why he practices various things, and really get into the details of how he worked on various aspects of his playing. He's extremely articulate and really has put in a tremendous amount of methodical work to get to where he is.

I think almost any guitarist on the planet would get something from a lesson with Paul. he's a very down to earth guy, too.

User Info Menu

the victor dvoskin record is incredible! paul pieper sounds fantastic on that, also.

User Info Menu

I'm a big PB fan. Inspired by this thread, I searched Apple Music and found this CD:
    why no love for paul bollenback?-51hq3salxol-_ss500-jpg
    on Amazon: Amazon.com: Clara's Smile: Various artists: MP3 Downloads

I listened to some last night. A lot of great playing from Paul.

User Info Menu

The Sanah Kadoura Trio - SmallsLIVE

Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM East Coast Time.

THE SANAH KADOURA TRIO

Paul is playing with Sanah Thursday for those who aren't familiar with him and those that are.
    Last edited by docbop; 04-25-2017 at 12:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Wow.
    That had some strong Groove to it and his Chord work is super funky and swinging at the same time.

User Info Menu

Thanks so much for this head's up! Randomly was reading up about Paul - will be sure to check him out tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    The Sanah Kadoura Trio - SmallsLIVE

Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM East Coast Time.

THE SANAH KADOURA TRIO

Paul is playing with Sanah Thursday for those who aren't familiar with him and those that are.

User Info Menu

Paul Bollenback is playing live at Smalls as I type

Will

User Info Menu

Just reviving this thread because I bought Joey D's tribute to Don Patterson cd and Paul is amazing on it. It's over 20 yrs old at this point.
    Gotta agree w agentsmith (Jack Zucker) PB's certainly one of the best players of the last 20 something yrs.
    I just can't take it out of my car cd player, it's that good.

User Info Menu

I used to see him in Alexandria, VA, back in the late ‘80s, at The Wharf. Great player.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry
    Guess which guitarist plays every song although his name does NOT appear on the cover:

Mr. Bollenback is in fast company here -- I always enjoy this record!

Wow this is amazing. Everyone is on fire. That Oleo tempo is downright scary.

User Info Menu

Speaking of tempo....