The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 22 of 22

User Info Menu

Marvellously talented young guitarist and multi-instrumentalist from Brazil:

Here playing the keys with Kurt Rosenwinkel:

Last edited by Fidelcaster; 12-22-2016 at 11:45 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

This kid's good!

User Info Menu

I heard him playing with caipi band (rosenwinkel) and he really impressed me. He can also play the keyboard and sing pretty well.

User Info Menu

I guess Caipi is the band in the second video I posted above?

User Info Menu

Man he's probably got my favorite tone of any of the modern guys I can think of. He has some really dope stuff on his soundcloud:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fidelcaster
    I guess Caipi is the band in the second video I posted above?
    exactly

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fidelcaster
    This kid's good!
    Understatement !
    Like his Tone chops groove originality fun factor, passion.

He's gonna be great in what -2 months to 2 years?

How old is this Kid ?

One cool thing about this Forum is I have seen some serious Jazz and ' Other' Guitar Talent Posted.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa
    How old is this Kid ?
    According to this page, he should be 23; his SoundCloud page says 22, but I don't know when that was written. He's a major talent, no doubt!

User Info Menu

Yeah- I thought he was only 16 cause he looks so young in some clips....

Aside from Skill and Groove and Creativity..he seems to have a nice fresh Stylistic Approach of his own ...

Fun to listen to and he makes that Semi Hollow- whatever- it- is sound Great !

I really like his Chord Voicings and how he uses them
    and the young Brazilian Jazzers are often / sometimes Rhythmically more Active..

Like this Guy and Chico ...
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 07-14-2017 at 03:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybobcat
    Man he's probably got my favorite tone of any of the modern guys I can think of. He has some really dope stuff on his soundcloud:
    Yeah his Tone is kind of like a * 'Twangified' .
    Better pickups on some cuts and heavier strings might be better.

Not sure he' s my favorite Tonewise but perfect for what he does- and he is very Articulate.

* Twangified - A very Technical Term based on years of Research in Acoustics.......or I may have just made it up.

The coolest thing is he is very free and expressive and has that Quality which Horn Players have but VERY few Jazz Guitarists have ( Benson Does).
    Van Halen does..but he's not Jazz...

I call it ' Reckless Precision '...lol.

Somebody on GearPage Forum said that is a
    $200 Teisco Del Rey Guitar - Martins plays (?).
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 01-21-2018 at 11:41 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I follow saxophonist David Binney on Instagram. He's been posting up some clips of rehearsals this week with Pedro Martins in Europe for a new project.

User Info Menu

I'd love to hear Pedro and Julian play together...
    Last edited by Fidelcaster; 11-24-2017 at 11:53 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    I follow saxophonist David Binney on Instagram. He's been posting up some clips of rehearsals this week with Pedro Martins in Europe for a new project.
    Here they are:

They're dope!

User Info Menu

I encountered him briefly last year at a big, kind of disorganized jam session.

I don't recall his guitar playing, but I think that was because he was going from one instrument to the next and sounding great on all of them. I think that included playing drums.

User Info Menu

Just found these live streaming of Pedro. I have no idea what he's talking about but what he plays is beautiful. BTW, his guitar is Teisco. I'm surprised it actually stays in tune.

User Info Menu

Chords by LucasBass | Lucas Bass | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Pedro playing Kurt Rosenwinkel compositions, Zhivago and Chords. I can't believe he sounds almost exactly like Kurt here, he was still 19 or even younger at the time. Not sure when it's recorded but the clips posted in Jan 2013 and he's born in '93.
    I'm a huge Kurt fan and usually can't stand with all those Kurt copy cats but he is more than impressive. I'm glad he's already developed his own style now too.

Can't wait for he and Kurt's album releasing in the next year!

User Info Menu

Yeah- his Guitar is a Teisco Del Rey ( is that the full name? ). It is a copy of a copy lol.

The reason the Guitar stays in Tune is the Guitar is in shock because no one has ever played a Teisco anywhere near this well ...

The guys on Gear Page Forum ( month's ago)- were typing ' he's playing a $200 Teisco.!"

User Info Menu

His debut album ‘Vox’ was released on Friday! I’ve had it on constantly.

User Info Menu

Cool. Hope he makes a lot of money from the Sales ...

Talent and creativity.
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 02-15-2019 at 10:28 PM.