The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 30

User Info Menu

Have been really getting into this guy lately.

If you haven't checked him out, you need to.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes have subscribed to his kickstarter, his music has a real energy. I saw a video of him playing on a Les Paul with a fantastic clean sound.

User Info Menu

one more

Looking forward to the album.

User Info Menu

Man buns have made their way into jazz...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

oh he plays a mean blues to

User Info Menu

Does anyone know what is on his pedalboard?

User Info Menu

setlist

1. Airegin (Sonny Rollins)
    2. Lying sun (T. Sela)
    3. Body and soul (J. Green)
    4. Smoken blues (T. Sela)
    5. My romance (R. Rogers)
    6. Closer horizon (T. Sela)

User Info Menu

I've come across his music also a couple weeks ago. I love his sound playing an L-5 on the "Next Page" album! In fact I was comparing (soundwise) a couple jazz guitar albums I was listening too at that time (Peter Bersteins Let Loose, Szymon Mika, Pat - The Unity Sessions) and I liked Yotams sound most of all :-)

User Info Menu

I have been listening to him non-stop the past couple of weeks. Growing more impressed with his sound and lines each day.
    Last edited by Melodic Dreamer; 07-22-2016 at 09:54 AM.

User Info Menu

A question re blues comping as I am preparing myself to participate in some jam sessions.

I notice on the blues video above the comping is emphasising 1 not 2.

I respect you play what you play and should feel it, wondering if I walked into that room and comped emphasising 2 would people look at me sideways. To my ears it fits and I guess it is more what I am used to.

User Info Menu

Yotem is playing tonight in Melbourne (Northcote I think), anyone from here going to the 7:30 session?

I will be in a blue jacket white stripes with the wife come and say gidday (oh and just in case, there is no point raidng my house to steel my guitar as there will still be people home).

Cheers
    Mark

User Info Menu

Packed house so good. Am in black jacket and striped scarf if anyone here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Wow that was killer and Ari Hoenig on drums I could not stop smiling

User Info Menu

Some video of a fantastic gig.
    I thought maybe there would not be many there but at least 300 were blown away by Ari Hoenig who just adds so much melody and spice

If you are a young dude in NYC playing in front of 5 people at Bar Next Door, get on an Australian Festival ticket and play to packed houses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gggomez
    Some video of a fantastic gig.
    I thought maybe there would not be many there but at least 300 were blown away by Ari Hoenig who just adds so much melody and spice

If you are a young dude in NYC playing in front of 5 people at Bar Next Door, get on an Australian Festival ticket and play to packed houses.
    I was there last night, stayed for the first set, real great energy, the whole band was great

User Info Menu

Was cool to hear a modern cat put some Charlie Christian in his improvs. Did you hear 7 come 11 and there was something else he played can't recall it, can you remember did you hear it?

User Info Menu

There's video of a full set from the Melbourne gig on ABC Jazz's Facebook page. This link should take you straight to it.

Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    There's video of a full set from the Melbourne gig on ABC Jazz's Facebook page. This link should take you straight to it.

Facebook
    They also live streamed frisells club gig as well for those interested

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gggomez
    Was cool to hear a modern cat put some Charlie Christian in his improvs. Did you hear 7 come 11 and there was something else he played can't recall it, can you remember did you hear it?

I don't remember hearing any Charlie Christian, he played a lot of his stuff from his album.

User Info Menu

Was just a couple of bars in I think the Second last song. The other tip of the hat to the past was I think in the second tune.

Loved his sound, dark but such clarity. Ari, man what a star.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nick1994
    They also live streamed frisells club gig as well for those interested
    Thank you

User Info Menu

This is awesome!

User Info Menu

In the video he has some sort of device or attachment on the lower portion of the guitar-top, near the end pin.

Anybody know what that is?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar
    In the video he has some sort of device or attachment on the lower portion of the guitar-top, near the end pin.

Anybody know what that is?
    I was wondering the same thing? Ever figure it out?

User Info Menu

No idea.

I just was looking to check out the Comins GCS-1 or GCS-ES ( spruce top ) and saw his Vids on Youtube.

Super versatile, talented, expressive, creative Player , and he pulls some excellent tones from that little GCS Comins.

Hope he influences Comins for a deeper larger body Semi to take the Semi Hollow crown.