The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 25 of 25

User Info Menu

Okay I happened across this article online. Found it on the internets so it must be true lol. Claims Pat was the highest paid guitar player of 2015 and that his net worth is $245 million.

I'm sure Pat is doing quite well financially after 40 years of albums and almost constant touring. However the article seems bit "fishy" to me. Peep the part that talks about his "endorsement deals." I think you'll get a good laugh.

Here's the link: Pat Metheny Highest-Paid Guitarist in the World - Mediamass

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jazz ain't dead yet! That's more than Bey or Kanye or maybe Taylor made!

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Like I said I'm sure Pat is doing quite well but I think that article might be somewhat erroneous. Like a doubt Pay has an endorsement deal with Cover Girl LOL. Where did they get that one from.

Taylor is out selling everyone right now except for possibly Fleetwood Mac. Bey, Kanye, and Taylor are all arena acts so I'm sure they out gross Metheny by A LOT. But Pat is doing exactly what he wants to do musically so I'm sure he's happy as a clam and rich. But Bey, Ye, and Taylor are HUGE arena acts.

Speaking of which Kanye just dropped a new album "The Life of Pablo". I'm gonna have to get that and see what Ye is rapping about these days.
    Last edited by Bobalou; 02-17-2016 at 01:08 AM.

User Info Menu

I dunno, just bought at P.M. signature striped sweater at Banana Republic. Thing set me back $200, and I still can't play like him.

I've seen those types of articles before... I think it's some automatically generated joke page.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I dunno, just bought at P.M. signature striped sweater at Banana Republic. Thing set me back $200, and I still can't play like him.
    Jeff - what do you expect for $200 ? You also need to perm you hair before your life is truly bright size !

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

You might need to upgrade the stripes on that sweater to hand wound ones using a different die. Much better clarity and separation...;

User Info Menu

Now the Pat Metheny signature tooth brush, on the other hand...

User Info Menu

Wow, I think that PM is truly indebted to his chorus pedal and whatever he did to his hair over the years.

User Info Menu

Hey Cosmic,

They just can't slip anything by you, can they!?

Funny!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    Wow, I think that PM is truly indebted to his chorus pedal and whatever he did to his hair over the years.
    (Mr. Beaumont adopts Cliff Clayvin voice)

Well, actually, it's a common tonal misinterpretation that Pat used a chorus pedal on those early PMG records...

User Info Menu

$245 million?

I would have figured all it would take to be the highest paid guitar picker would be a few hundred bucks and a case of scotch whiskey

User Info Menu

(Mr. Beaumont adopts Cliff Clayvin voice)

Well, actually, it's a common tonal misinterpretation that Pat used a chorus pedal on those early PMG records...
    That's fine. I don't mind being misinterpreted.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    That's fine. I don't mind being misinterpreted.
    Oh, lammie, you make me feel old.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Kanye might have bigger problems than generating income.

Kanye West drops new album, says he's $53 million in debt - CNN.com

User Info Menu

The really important question is, who gets paid more, Pat or Kenny G?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    The really important question is, who gets paid more, Pat or Kenny G?

My hunch would say Pat, but being that he is the one complaining about the other (Kenny), it is likely that Kenny makes more...

User Info Menu

Well I'm sure PM's career was helped by working for David Bowie, but the "man (or woman) in the street" has never heard of him.

Are you talking guitarists in general? The Edge or Keef don't get out of bed for Pat's annual gross :-)

Or jazz guitarists?
    Last edited by sunnysideup; 03-28-2016 at 06:01 AM.

User Info Menu

Mediamass reports that Pat has been downing shots of Rogaine for the last decade to keep that hairstyle going.

User Info Menu

In case no one has noticed, MediaMass is an acknowledged satire website. None of it is true.

User Info Menu

To play like him ( remember though the 'Pat Metheny' Position is already taken....by coincidentally -Pat Metheny) ...
    You have to buy the Sneakers with the Sweater....

User Info Menu

I saw Pat in a tux on TV one time for some formal function, man did he look out of place.

User Info Menu

Now that he's gone gray, I wouldn't be too upset if he wanted to take a weed whacker to the coif.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup
    Well I'm sure PM's career was helped by working for David Bowie, but the "man (or woman) in the street" has never heard of him.
    I'm going to send this quote to Ben (Monder). I can already see him laughing.
    David