The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 61

User Info Menu

Coming soon to Home - My Music Masterclass
    Filmed this week. MMMC usually put the classes out quickly after recording.

That site is on a roll with guitarists: classes from Bruce Forman, Vic Juris, John Abercrombie, Ben Monder and more.

New video lessons from Jonathan Kreisberg and Adam Rogers-image-jpg

New video lessons from Jonathan Kreisberg and Adam Rogers-image-jpg
    Last edited by David B; 03-24-2016 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Changed thread title to better reflect content

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cool. I also really like that they have videos about social networking etc as well. Very good site. Thanks for letting me know about it. :-)

User Info Menu

My Music Masterclass is definitely the go to site alright ....I've got in the habit of looking at
    their Facebook page to see who they've been filming today .[often they do 2 shoots in a day]

Sometimes I find myself growing impatient waiting for the lessons to appear....

IOW I'm a prodigious customer. ["you see I have this insatiable music habit to support Doc" ...ha ha]

Got in touch with Adam Small who seems to be the driving force behind this excellent site
    and jokingly said....."Slow down man I can't keep up" .....

I'd also suggest that we guitarists check out other instrument classes.
    Drums, bassists,pianists, horn players....get their view on things.
    We guitarists can get a bit clannish but you can learn heaps from "those other guys".

PS....re checking out other instrumentalists you can watch the 2 minute sample clips and you
    could conceivably pick up a nugget just from that.

PPS .....they offer a 5 day or so stream quite a lot cheaper that you may want to see.
    And if you really dig it.....you can upgrade to the download option and just pay the difference.

PPPS ....I'm not connected to MMMC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonray
    My Music Masterclass is definitely the go to site alright ....I've got in the habit of looking at
    their Facebook page to see who they've been filming today .[often they do 2 shoots in a day]

Sometimes I find myself growing impatient waiting for the lessons to appear....

IOW I'm a prodigious customer. ["you see I have this insatiable music habit to support Doc" ...ha ha]

Got in touch with Adam Small who seems to be the driving force behind this excellent site
    and jokingly said....."Slow down man I can't keep up" .....

I'd also suggest that we guitarists check out other instrument classes.
    Drums, bassists,pianists, horn players....get their view on things.
    We guitarists can get a bit clannish but you can learn heaps from "those other guys".

PS....re checking out other instrumentalists you can watch the 2 minute sample clips and you
    could conceivably pick up a nugget just from that.

PPS .....they offer a 5 day or so stream quite a lot cheaper that you may want to see.
    And if you really dig it.....you can upgrade to the download option and just pay the difference.

PPPS ....I'm not connected to MMMC

Adam has really put the pedal to the metal releasing video this past year and some really good ones in there. I fully agree that recommending checking out other instruments. Also if you got some of the early videos there was never any accompanying pdf's, but some of the more recent videos a separate pdf is available.

So very informative video at what I think are very reasonable price.

User Info Menu

I wasn't familiar with the MMMC site. Looks really good. Thanks for the link, DavidB!

User Info Menu

I want these. This would be a good Christmas present for myself.

User Info Menu

So is there an expected release date? I was hoping these would be out this month, but I really doubt that's going to happen. Any ideas?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melodic Dreamer
    So is there an expected release date? I was hoping these would be out this month, but I really doubt that's going to happen. Any ideas?
    i just heard from adam today that it will be a couple of months until they are released

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docbop
    Adam has really put the pedal to the metal releasing video this past year and some really good ones in there. I fully agree that recommending checking out other instruments. Also if you got some of the early videos there was never any accompanying pdf's, but some of the more recent videos a separate pdf is available.

So very informative video at what I think are very reasonable price.
    What other instructional videos has Adam released recently?

User Info Menu

I would love to see them get Peter Bernstein and Mike Moreno involved as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMuzak
    What other instructional videos has Adam released recently?
    That was a reference to Adam Small, the man behind MyMusicMasterclass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melodic Dreamer
    I would love to see them get Peter Bernstein and Mike Moreno involved as well.
    Not on MyMusicMasterclass, but an Italian acquaintance is putting out a workshop video with Peter Bernstein soon. There is a preview on his Facebook page 'Jazz Guitar Forum': https://www.facebook.com/jazzguitarf..._video&theater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Not on MyMusicMasterclass, but an Italian acquaintance is putting out a workshop video with Peter Bernstein soon. There is a preview on his Facebook page 'Jazz Guitar Forum': https://www.facebook.com/jazzguitarf..._video&theater
    Ooh, very nice!

User Info Menu

I wonder what they will be covering.

User Info Menu

Hey Guys,

Adam Small of My Music Masterclass here. I just joined the forum since I saw a bunch of posts about our videos. I really appreciate all the feedback and I'm always trying to improve the site, etc. I'm not sure what category of the forum I should post this (or if I should make a separate topic), but I wanted to ask you all...Who you'd like to see on the site in the future? I see that Peter Bernstein and Mike Moreno were mentioned and I'm obviously a fan of those cats (and they're on my radar for sure). Anyone else? I'm all ears...

Thanks,
    Adam

User Info Menu

Jesse van Ruller
    Martijn van Iterson

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Small
    Hey Guys,

Adam Small of My Music Masterclass here. I just joined the forum since I saw a bunch of posts about our videos. I really appreciate all the feedback and I'm always trying to improve the site, etc. I'm not sure what category of the forum I should post this (or if I should make a separate topic), but I wanted to ask you all...Who you'd like to see on the site in the future? I see that Peter Bernstein and Mike Moreno were mentioned and I'm obviously a fan of those cats (and they're on my radar for sure). Anyone else? I'm all ears...

Thanks,
    Adam
    Hi Adam,

First, thanks for the great site! The only thing I could think of to ask for as xmas presents this year was giftcards to your site. I'm sure it's not the first time you hear this, but I'd love to see a Mark Turner lesson if that was ever possible.

I'm really looking forward to the new ones mentioned in the thread. Keep up the good work!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hupia
    Hi Adam,

First, thanks for the great site! The only thing I could think of to ask for as xmas presents this year was giftcards to your site. I'm sure it's not the first time you hear this, but I'd love to see a Mark Turner lesson if that was ever possible.

I'm really looking forward to the new ones mentioned in the thread. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. Yeah, Mark Turner is on my radar for sure. He's a beast!

User Info Menu

Hey Guys,

Thanks,
    Adam
    Thank you for all of your hard work.
    There are so many cats I would love to see. At the same time I think someone like Julian Lage would sell a lot of copies. I would enjoy many of the guitarist mentioned above along with Matthew Stevens. Although Lage Lund and Gilad Hekselman just came out with instructional videos I would love to see them do one on single note/soloing.

Guys outside the Jazz realm would be guys like Michael Landau, Blake Mills, and Jim Campilongo.

User Info Menu

Hi Adam, great site, thanks for all the free info on social media as well... Very useful videos.

For me, all the career/social media related stuff is absolute gold. More of that please.

Also - would love a Brad Shepik and/or a Julian Lage video. But there's still loads of stuff that I need to get around watching on you site as it is...

User Info Menu

Yes. I'd like to hear from GH on his usage of various forms of articulation, such as his use of legato.

User Info Menu

Hi Adam,
    Good to connect with you here. My compliments on MMC - I hope it's working out well for you and the musicians involved. I've been following the MMC Facebook page for a while and am looking forward to the material you have in the pipeline across the instruments.

If I could suggest a few guitarists on my wish list for videos:
    - Roni Ben-Hur: He already has a DVD out on his chordal approach but I'd love some more about his approach to building lines (building on a couple of videos he did for another site back in 2007). He's a really good teacher.
    - Joe Cohn: NYC bebop monster who I would love to hear talking about his music and playing.
    - Pasquale Grasso: A hot name on this forum and elsewhere - Bud Powell on guitar vibes.
    - Brad Shepik - monster player and teacher.

User Info Menu

just to echo some of the other posts:

lage lund
    wolfgang muthspiel
    julian lage
    mick goodrick
    pasquale grasso
    charles altura
    jesse van ruller
    james muller!!!
    joe cohn
    ben eunson
    brad shepik
    steve cardenas
    mike miller (l.a. fusion cat- killer!!!)
    bryan baker
    david doruzka
    mike moreno
    david gilmore
    nate radley
    gilad hekselman
    jimmy herring
    kurt rosenwinkel
    rick peckham
    pete mccann
    reinier baas
    romain pilon
    wayne krantz

seamus blake
    donny mccaslin
    chris potter
    chris cheek
    joel frahm
    mark shim

tim hagans

ben street

User Info Menu

This is great guys! Keep em coming. I've reached out to a bunch of these cats, but not all of them. This is why I like recommendations...because I can see what you guys really want. FYI, Jonathan Kreisberg's masterclass will be on really cool rhythm exercises (displacement, polyrhythms, etc.) and Adam Rogers' lesson will be about technique and some other badass stuff (playing through changes, etc.). Gonna be a good 2016!

User Info Menu

This is great guys! Keep em coming. I've reached out to a bunch of these cats, but not all of them. This is why I like recommendations...because I can see what you guys really want. FYI, Jonathan Kreisberg's masterclass will be on really cool rhythm exercises (displacement, polyrhythms, etc.) and Adam Rogers' lesson will be about technique and some other badass stuff (playing through changes, etc.). Gonna be a good 2016!
    Awesome! Will there be any type of PDF with notation or tab to accompany the videos?