The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 61

User Info Menu

I suggest Bobby Broom. He is a fantastic player but does not have any instruction material published. I'd think a lot of people would be interested as this would be his first video.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melodic Dreamer
    Awesome! Will there be any type of PDF with notation or tab to accompany the videos?
    Yes, there will be PDFs for both videos displaying the concepts outlined in the lessons, but they won't include transcribed improvisations. We're a small niche company (basically 2 people) and we give the majority of our proceeds to the artists (on the site), so unfortunately we don't have the time/budget to transcribe most improvs. Instead, we try to concentrate on filming the best musicians we can while having our videos remain affordable to all you serious musicians out there. And being a full-time professional musician for 20+ years, I wouldn't have it any other way .

User Info Menu

Many great recommendations already. I don't think I saw Eddy Palermo? Might need a translator, though.

User Info Menu

Great list going already, but can I strongly suggest Leo Amuedo, particularly on comping behind a singer? Check out his stuff with Ivan Lins, or Trijntje Oosterhuis. Love everything I hear him play, in any setting.

User Info Menu

Looks like Bruce Forman has just released one on solo jazz guitar. Looking forward to checking it out.

User Info Menu

Thanks to Bill C for spotting that the 2-part Adam Rogers class is now available:

https://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/p...cal-studies-1/

https://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/p...cal-studies-2/

Last edited by David B; 02-22-2016 at 05:42 PM.

User Info Menu

Careful, he might mention Segovia scales....

User Info Menu

I second Pasquale grasso! I'd love to see an instructional video from him!

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

You guys found it, haha. I'll be officially releasing the Adam Rogers' videos tomorrow, but they have been live on the site since yesterday due to me coding it in advance. He's open to doing more videos on other subjects if the response it good too. I personally think this is a great series...hope you dig it .

User Info Menu

FYI, I'm trying to get in touch with Pasquale Grasso amongst others mentioned in this thread. Thanks again for the recommendations. We'll see who's interested...

User Info Menu

thanks adam! i just downloaded both of the adam rogers videos. good stuff! can i make 1 suggestion? since these are technical studies, is there any way that you could indicate where the position shifts are in the segovia scale studies? it's great that the fingerings are given, but it's not clear where the changes in position are. thanks again for all of your great work!

User Info Menu

I don't think I saw him mentioned but Rodney Jones would be good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbromusic
    thanks adam! i just downloaded both of the adam rogers videos. good stuff! can i make 1 suggestion? since these are technical studies, is there any way that you could indicate where the position shifts are in the segovia scale studies? it's great that the fingerings are given, but it's not clear where the changes in position are. thanks again for all of your great work!
    Good point. I thought people would be able to see that on screen, but I'll add that when we update the pdf. It might take me a minute, but I'll email everyone (who purchased the PDF) when an update is available. And it will obviously be free to anyone who purchased the bundle or the pdf.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbromusic
    UPDATE: The PDF now has the position shifts

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Small
    FYI, I'm trying to get in touch with Pasquale Grasso...
    New video lessons from Jonathan Kreisberg and Adam Rogers-image-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    New video lessons from Jonathan Kreisberg and Adam Rogers-image-jpeg
    I just spoke with Pasquale and it looks like we're gonna do this thing . He asked me what topics he should discuss. So, what do you want him to talk about? I'm taking suggestions...

User Info Menu

I just spoke with Pasquale and it looks like we're gonna do this thing . He asked me what topics he should discuss. So, what do you want him to talk about? I'm taking suggestions...
    Awesome!!!

Some things I'm interested in, in no particular order: his right hand picking technique, scale position patterns / fingerings, arpeggio fingerings, approach to comping and voice leading, chord voicings, hybrid picking – specifically using it to create contrary motion or moving voices in chords (actually, I am particularly interested in this one ), how he assimilates and integrates vocabulary, legato phrasing.

Whoo, that's a big list. If you got half of it I'd be quite happy!

User Info Menu

Needs to be a two-parter at least! ��
    Lines: His application of piano vocabulary (he's audibly influenced by Bud Powell in a major way) to the guitar.
    Chords/harmony: His approach to solo guitar performances (I'm curious to know how much is "arranged" vs improvised), counterpoint and finger independence (the only other jazz guitarists operating in similar territory, AFAIK, are Jimmy Wyble's students - Sid Jacobs, Larry Koonse, Bruce Forman etc - I wonder if PQ has spent much time with JW's materials), what he has taken from Barry Harris' teachings about harmony

User Info Menu

A Gary Campbell video would be great too.

User Info Menu

You work fast Adam!

New video lessons from Jonathan Kreisberg and Adam Rogers-grassommc-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    You work fast Adam!

New video lessons from Jonathan Kreisberg and Adam Rogers-grassommc-jpg
    Ha...yeah. The timing worked out so we just filmed it yesterday. It's gonna be awesome!

User Info Menu

When will the Kreisberg be released?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrat
    When will the Kreisberg be released?
    It will be released soon, hopefully in a couple weeks. We're just putting the final touches on it now .

User Info Menu

Ha...yeah. The timing worked out so we just filmed it yesterday. It's gonna be awesome!

Oh my! I can't wait! Do you have a rough estimate of how long it'll be till release? I understand it'll take some time to process all the materials etc.

Minding giving us a sneak peak about what's covered?

You're the best Adam!