Posts 26 to 50 of 69

User Info Menu

ah cool..so they are touring the new album-bridges

cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Did some digging and found that Shepik is on an album by accordionist Pierre Eriksson that was recorded and released this year: 'NYCD', a tribute to Art van Damme.

Solid NYC band with Shepik, Ted Piltzecker on vibes, Mike Richmond on bass and Billy Drummond on drums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordanklemons
    Was just bumping to this a few days ago. So killin!

Love that album

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordanklemons
    Was just bumping to this a few days ago. So killin!

I have that cd. Very cool!

User Info Menu

Shepik's Short Trip is awesome.
    Brad Shepik Trio - Short Trip (CD, Album) | Discogs

User Info Menu

For Shepik fans with Spotify, I've compiled a playlist of his discography as a leader and sideman (at least, what's available on Spotify). Starts with 2018's Bridges with Jamie Baum's Septet and works backwards from there.

Link: Brad Shepik discography on Spotify

User Info Menu

https://alternativeguitarsummit.com/...9-brad-shepik/

The Alternative Guitar Summit in NYC begins tomorrow and continues through next week.

Shepik is interviewed on their latest podcast episode, released yesterday. Talks about his studies with Ralph Towner (being honoured at a concert by Shepik, Vic Juris and many others next week), his career as a teacher in NYC, his involvement with Balkan music and his own compositions.

User Info Menu

thanks for the heads up, david...great interview..(downloaded it!)...

nice to see towner gettin some love...been a fan since oregon days...beyond..icarus with paul winter consort!! the big nyc "underground" fm rock station wnew used to play it all the time when i was a kid

cheers

User Info Menu

ps- the shepik recording that i've been listening to most these days is- drip..from 2003..g-b-d trio...knitting factory...some great tracks..the title tune-drip- and -rêve pour louis- (for louis sclavis?)

great recording..nothin on utube..sorry

cheers

User Info Menu

Another good set from the same trio is 'Short Trip' (2001).

brad shepik-r-2099894-1263995090-jpeg-jpg

User Info Menu

I'm back in a big Paul Motian phase this month. His Electric Bebop Band recordings are important albums for me.

I've had 'Flight of the Blue Jay' in heavy rotation this week. Shepik (right channel) and Rosenwinkel (left channel) on guitars.

Shepik takes the first solo on Bud Powell's 'Celia' and it's a gem!

User Info Menu

I saw Paul Motian and the Electric Bebop Band at Ronnie Scotts back in the 1990s. I remember he had Joshua Redman and Kurt Rosenwinkel in the band but I can't remember who the other guitarist was, maybe it was Brad. At the time I didn't know anything about the two guitarists, I only remembered Kurt because his name was kind of unusual!

It was a great gig by the way, the whole band was on great form. I can remember Paul's drumming was like a sort of wash of sound (but really propulsive) while the 2 guitarists and Joshua really created a unique sound together.

User Info Menu

Dave Douglas recently got back the rights to four albums originally released on the Arabesque label. One is 'Tiny Bell Trio: Live in Europe'. Now available on Bandcamp: Tiny Bell Trio: Live in Europe | Dave Douglas

User Info Menu

shepiks playing with the tiny bell trio was like a breath of fresh air...mixing well informed but youthful hip jazz chops with balkan rhythms and melodies...using saz techniques (which he also played)...his uniqueness was mind-blowing...he's been a fave since

tiny bell trio was like the cream of the mid 90's knitting factory/downtown scene...the best/freshest guys on their intruments at the time -dave douglas on trumpet, jim black on drums and shepik on guitar...the real young lions!

here's moody early shepik/schoeppach original- felijar- from first tbt recording

cheers

User Info Menu

Love Tiny Bell Trio!!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

So... I'm bringing Brad over to the UK for three gigs and a masterclass this August!

Friday 9 August 2019
    Brad Shepik Trio at Jazzlive at The Crypt, London
    with Calum Gourlay (b) and James Maddren (dr)
    Jazzlive at The Crypt

Saturday 10 August 2019
    Brad Shepik Trio at Peggy's Skylight, Nottingham
    with Tom Farmer (b) and James Maddren (dr)
    Brad Shepik Trio | Sat 10th Aug | Peggy's Skylight

Sunday 11 August 2019
    Masterclass for the London Jazz Guitar Society
    London Jazz Guitar Society (London, United Kingdom) | Meetup

Monday 12 August 2019
    Brad Shepik Trio at NQ Jazz, Manchester
    with Calum Gourlay (b) and James Maddren (dr)
    NQ JAZZ // The Whiskey Jar

brad shepik-brad-shepik-2019-small-jpg
    Last edited by David B; 07-01-2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Updated with booking links

User Info Menu

nice, david b!!! please record as much as you can!

p-90 in humbucker mount neck pup tone!

cheers

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Just home from four days with Brad Shepik and three of London's finest, Calum Gourlay, James Maddren and Tom Farmer.

L-R: James Maddren, Calum Gourlay and Brad Shepik. Jazzlive at The Crypt, London. 9 August 2019.

brad shepik-img_9295-jpg

User Info Menu

L-R: Brad Shepik, Tom Farmer and James Maddren. Peggy's Skylight, Nottingham. 10 August 2019.

brad shepik-dsc04475_fotor-jpg

brad shepik-dsc04505_fotor-jpg

User Info Menu

L-R: James Maddren, Calum Gourlay and Brad Shepik. NQ Jazz, Manchester. 12 August 2019.

brad shepik-dsc04589_fotor-jpg

brad shepik-dsc04652_fotor-jpg

brad shepik-img_9391_fotor-jpg