Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 201 to 206 of 206

User Info Menu

I find this guy too busy and somewhat predictable, almost sounds like he's practicing scales sometimes.

It doesn't matter how many scales you know or how fast you can play, it's the choices and the style that makes the music exciting. It's 2021 and music is now played by computers that are programmed one note at a time. The beauty is in the choices and the style. To me this guy sounds like the 2021 jazz guitar answer to pro-tools- a machine that calculates every possible scale and chord inversion, then throws all of them at you immediately, without ever letting you breath and soak it in.

The stuff from France with the sax player was listenable, but in all the singer/guitar arrangements it sounds like he's not even listening to the singer, he's just putting a battering ram of notes and chords over the tune.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzIsGood View Post
    I find this guy too busy and somewhat predictable, almost sounds like he's practicing scales sometimes.

It doesn't matter how many scales you know or how fast you can play, it's the choices and the style that makes the music exciting. It's 2021 and music is now played by computers that are programmed one note at a time. The beauty is in the choices and the style. To me this guy sounds like the 2021 jazz guitar answer to pro-tools- a machine that calculates every possible scale and chord inversion, then throws all of them at you immediately, without ever letting you breath and soak it in.

The stuff from France with the sax player was listenable, but in all the singer/guitar arrangements it sounds like he's not even listening to the singer, he's just putting a battering ram of notes and chords over the tune.
    Good for you.

User Info Menu

Another take of 'Don't Worry 'Bout Me' with Laura Benanti.

User Info Menu

'Strike up the Band' with Rossano Sportiello.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    Samara Joy, Pasquale Grasso, Neal Miner and Keith Balla. 20 November 2020.

That's Music; that's Jazz.
    Thanks for the beauty, David!
    Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

I just a notification that Samara Joy's album is released on Whirlwind Recordings on 9th July.

She's accompanied on the album by Pasquale Grasso, Ari Roland and Kenny Washington.

Announcing the signing of Samara Joy for her self-titled debut album out July 9th – available on LP, CD & DL - Whirlwind Recordings