Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 151 to 174 of 174
  1. #151

    User Info Menu

    Came here to post the clip as well. Gorgeous playing, and amazing to see an unaccompanied solo guitar chorus on national network TV

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #152

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Thanks for sharing this link. Pasquale is an amazing player - and his Trenier guitar sounds amazing!

  4. #153

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    Uh, yeah, like I said LAURA BENANTI..

  5. #154

    User Info Menu

    Brilliant player, I really like him in this setting, seems a lot less busy sounding, as the situation demands.

  6. #155

    User Info Menu

    I'm hosting a Zoom masterclass with Pasquale on Wednesday 18th November if anyone would care to join us. 2pm New York / 7pm London.

    Tickets here: Bebop guitar masterclass with Pasquale Grasso (a virtual event) at Online event tickets from TicketSource

    We did one in September which went great and I've had a lot of people asking for another session.

    Attachment 76820
    Attached Images Attached Images Pasquale Grasso-untitled-design-max-quality-3-jpg 
    Last edited by David B; 11-13-2020 at 07:30 PM.

  7. #156

    User Info Menu

    I‘ll be there... :-)
    I did enjoy the first session !

  8. #157

    User Info Menu

    Pasquale Grasso appears on Laura Benanti's new album on at least four songs:
    Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk
    What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?
    Go Slow
    Don't Worry 'Bout Me

  9. #158

    User Info Menu

    Pasquale is performing a live-streamed show with Laura Benanti today, Saturday 14 November at 8pm ET.

    https://www.scfta.org/events/2020/laura-benanti

    The website is not very user-friendly but clicking the time in the calendar to the right of the screen brings up the purchase link.
    Last edited by David B; 11-14-2020 at 08:49 PM.

  10. #159

    User Info Menu

    Grasso appears in the new music video by Laura Benanti titled GO SLOW.

  11. #160

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ovader View Post
    Grasso appears in the new music video by Laura Benanti titled GO SLOW.
    I have a feeling Pasquale Grasso and his namesake Trenier model - might gradually define the modern jazz guitar tone.


    Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

  12. #161

    User Info Menu

    From Sunday 15 November in Pittsburgh:


  13. #162

    User Info Menu

    There's a great, full set from Pasquale Grasso's trio with Neal Miner and Keith Balla, joined by vocalist Samara Joy, available here:

    Pasquale Grasso - Pasquale Grasso | Facebook

    I don't believe you need a Facebook account to be able to view it.

    Recorded on Friday 20 November. The set starts at the 32:30 mark. It's followed by an interview with him.

    Samara Joy won the 2019 Sarah Vaughan International Jazz Vocal Competition. Her forthcoming album was produced by Matt Pierson and features Pasquale, Ari Roland and Kenny Washington.

  14. #163

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ovader View Post
    Grasso appears in the new music video by Laura Benanti titled GO SLOW.

    Soon enough he is going to be playing soul and rnb

  15. #164

    User Info Menu

    It's a bummer that here in Canada we can't purchase his Sony recordings. Does anyone know of a workaround? I have no problem with paying to purchase (downloads or cds) but it seems like a licensing issue.

  16. #165

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by coolvinny View Post
    It's a bummer that here in Canada we can't purchase his Sony recordings. Does anyone know of a workaround? I have no problem with paying to purchase (downloads or cds) but it seems like a licensing issue.
    That's bizarre for a major label. I've had no difficulties purchasing download files from iTunes or Amazon here in the UK. Sadly his Sony recordings are not available on CD and I'm not aware of any plans for a physical release.

    Some audiophile music sites have hi-res digital files available (legit). You might try Artist "Pasquale Grasso" | HIGHRESAUDIO

    They only have four titles but the price isn't much more than iTunes.

  17. #166

    User Info Menu

    Weird, I just went into the Amazon Canada site and I cannot see any digital music download options anywhere. Even selecting Miles Davis only seems to bring up Cds, Vinyl, cassettes (!). There is not even a digital music option in the products dropdown list (like there is in the UK site). Unless it is because it is somehow detecting I’m in the UK or something?

    (But the Amazon US site offers digital music option and I can see the Pasquale Grasso MP3s there, whether it would let me purchase them from the UK is another matter.)

  18. #167

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by grahambop View Post
    (But the Amazon US site offers digital music option and I can see the Pasquale Grasso MP3s there, whether it would let me purchase them from the UK is another matter.)

    Absolutely unrelated and maybe irrelevant here .. But the amazon kindle store is digital too and being in Denmark there is no Amazon.dk. So if I want to order kindle books I'm directed to amazon.com cause Amazon.co.uk only accepts Brittish customers ordering kindle books.

    I suspect you're forced to use Amazon.co.uk?

  19. #168

    User Info Menu

    can't you just log in into amazon.com and order from there?

  20. #169

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov View Post
    Absolutely unrelated and maybe irrelevant here .. But the amazon kindle store is digital too and being in Denmark there is no Amazon.dk. So if I want to order kindle books I'm directed to amazon.com cause Amazon.co.uk only accepts Brittish customers ordering kindle books.

    I suspect you're forced to use Amazon.co.uk?
    yes at the point of purchase you will probably be redirected to the site relevant to your own country.

  21. #170

    User Info Menu

    By the way I have already downloaded most of Pasquale’s solo EPs from amazon here in the UK, so no problems here!

  22. #171

    User Info Menu

    I tried again, doesn't work. I'd have to provide a US credit card billing address "to confirm US residence" which I don't have.

  23. #172

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by coolvinny View Post
    I tried again, doesn't work. I'd have to provide a US credit card billing address "to confirm US residence" which I don't have.
    Can you see any kind of MP3 or digital music option in Amazon Canada (for any artist)? Just curious, as I could not see anything like that there.

  24. #173

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by grahambop View Post
    Can you see any kind of MP3 or digital music option in Amazon Canada (for any artist)? Just curious, as I could not see anything like that there.
    Yes, and actually Pasquale is there too but there is only a single tune available (a teaser which does not require payment).

  25. #174

    User Info Menu

    Hey All,

    Just wanted to let you know that My Music Masterclass will be hosting a Webinar/Q&A with Pasquale on December 3rd. Anyone that attends will get a free copy of the produced video too which will include edited Webinar footage, plus a second HD camera. Also, we have a Black Friday coupon today for an extra %15 off. you can check out the details here: https://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/p...nar-12-5-2020/

    OFFER: 15% off the webinars (Will Vinson and Pasquale Grasso)
    COUPON CODE: WEBINARFRIDAY
    EXP: 11/28/2020