Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 419
  1. #51

    User Info Menu

    'Hornin' In' (Monk)



    'Segment' (Parker)



    'Bloomdido' (Parker)


  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #52

    User Info Menu

    Just came across these videos from the recording session for Jamale Davis's album 'Workers Comp'.

    'Segment'



    'What is this Thing Called Arco?'



    'Steeplesnakes'


  4. #53

    User Info Menu

    listening to chuck wayne - he's great of course - but pg's lines are much more interesting (because much more bud powell)

    i think barry harris is a much bigger musical influence

    wayne maybe played an important role in establishing his physical technique

    but i don't think that matters too much

    its the ideas that matter

  5. #54

    User Info Menu

    Pasquale Grasso and Barry Harris together on Monday 11th July:


  6. #55

    User Info Menu

    I'm curious about his strings, in the black trenier guitar, smalls and mezzrow videos

    it is TIs 012 or 013 ?

    Its definitely flats

  7. #56

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Carloscepinha
    I'm curious about his strings, in the black trenier guitar, smalls and mezzrow videos

    it is TIs 012 or 013 ?

    Its definitely flats
    I believe he plays 11s. I'm having a lesson with him next week and will confirm.

  8. #57

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Groyniad
    listening to chuck wayne - he's great of course - but pg's lines are much more interesting (because much more bud powell)

    i think barry harris is a much bigger musical influence

    wayne maybe played an important role in establishing his physical technique

    but i don't think that matters too much

    its the ideas that matter
    Doubt seriously the part about Warne. I hear no influence whatsoever, physical or otherwise, and I have played with both men, Pasquale many times going back to his arrival here in 2009.

    Agree with the rest, especially about Chuck, though..

  9. #58

    User Info Menu

    Amazing, almost unbelievable playing. I have never heard another guitarist who does on guitar what Art Tatum and Bud Powell did on piano. Simply incredible!

  10. #59

    User Info Menu

    Grasso now has a live solo recording, 'By Myself', available as download from his website. The sound quality is a little rough but the playing is, of course, remarkable.

    Pasquale Grasso-screen-shot-2016-10-25-12-48-14-png

  11. #60

    User Info Menu




  12. #61

    User Info Menu

    Playing 'Sophisticated Lady' on Thursday 17th November:


  13. #62

    User Info Menu


  14. #63

    User Info Menu

    I recently purchased his master class series from Mymasterclass.com. It is loaded with great information and well worth the cost. He demonstrates the material very clearly and carefully, yet it moves along well and covers a lot of ground. I recommend all 4 parts of the series. His explanation of chromatics within triads and 4 note chords was a revelation for me. An incredible player and excellent teacher as well.

  15. #64

    User Info Menu


  16. #65

    User Info Menu


  17. #66

    User Info Menu

    Coming soon on Gut String Records (label run by bassist Neal Miner).
    Pasquale Grasso-screen-shot-2017-02-20-00-36-04-png

    Renaud Penant (dr), Pasquale Grasso (g), Ari Roland (b)

    'In the Mood for a Classic' (Bud Powell)


    'The Squirrel' (Tadd Dameron)
    Last edited by David B; 02-19-2017 at 08:43 PM.

  18. #67

    User Info Menu

    Someone get him on a major label!

  19. #68

    User Info Menu


  20. #69

    User Info Menu


  21. #70

    User Info Menu


  22. #71

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    I recently purchased his master class series from Mymasterclass.com. It is loaded with great information and well worth the cost. He demonstrates the material very clearly and carefully, yet it moves along well and covers a lot of ground. I recommend all 4 parts of the series. His explanation of chromatics within triads and 4 note chords was a revelation for me. An incredible player and excellent teacher as well.
    Which part is that in, please? I have the first two (so far).

  23. #72

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by destinytot
    Which part is that in, please? I have the first two (so far).
    Part 3, 15:53-22:39

  24. #73

    User Info Menu

    Interesting to listen to this as well.


  25. #74

    User Info Menu

    Listening now...isn't that the "revered" Polytone Joe Pass/Herb Ellis sound?


    He's damn good, but this music does nothing for me.

  26. #75

    User Info Menu

    Sounds fine to me. (Maybe 'cause I enjoy the 'revered' Polytone Joe Pass / Herb Ellis sound every day... ;o)

    I've never heard Pasquale live, so I don't have THAT sound to compare this to. But I like this sound. I don't care for the cymbals being louder than the guitar so much, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I may buy this.