The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

Probably not a favourite of many but I really dig Joe's playing and have transcribed another wild intro.
    Enjoy!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That must've been fun! Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

"Not a favourite of many?!" Who you been hangin' out with?! Joe's The Man! Thanks for the transcription!

Could you share the pdf for this???
    Last edited by marcwhy; 11-03-2014 at 08:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Very nice!! Thx Foulds! Joe knows how to make those 4ths sound soulful and organic!!

User Info Menu

Hey guys,
    This thread reminded me a a chart I have that you might be interested in.
    This is a composition by Joe DiOrio called, "Blues for Bela" - that's Bela Bartok, and obviously it's a bit outside.
    Joe played this a few times for us at G.I.T. back in 1978-79, and my roommate, David Carlson from Sweden transcribed it. He then showed it to Joe who confirmed it was accurate. Then, for our GIT class of '79 graduation party, David and Joe got up and played it together. I think it was a highlight in David's life. Anyway, David shared his score with me, and now I'm sharing it with you.
    Hope you like it. It's a bit bizarre, but the more you hear it, it grows on you. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Nice Jay! Thx!

User Info Menu

Thanks Jay.

User Info Menu

Here tis!
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing! Love Joe's playing and books!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the Diorio stuff! BTW: For those of you the belong to eMusic, the "It's About Time" CD just became available a few weeks ago. However, in typical eMusic fashion, it is listed under Dom Moio (not Diorio!), who is a sideman on the album.

Andy

User Info Menu

I stumbled upon it on iTunes the other week and very excited as I've got almost everything he's ever done under his own name.

User Info Menu

Great find Andy!

User Info Menu

I was a '79-'80 grad of GIT. Joe was sporadically around and the only time we really got to see him play was when Pat Metheny came for a seminar and he and Joe played a few tunes. Watching them play made me realize how amazing Joe was, and also how good Metheny was. They killed it on standard tunes. Joe's an amazing person.

User Info Menu

Hey r7string,
    We must have been at GIT together, 'cause I was there too when Joe and Metheny played together....Amazing those two!

User Info Menu

jayv999 and r7string,

You guys beat me to Joe by a few years (GIT Class of 1987). Loved my time with Joe. He taught me one thing that has stuck with me all these years: "All's well that ends well". Great transcriptions. Thanks guys.

User Info Menu

Ha! And I'll split the difference...GIT 1984. Joe was around once a week or so during my year...and he remains to this day one of my greatest musical heroes. I love his "To Jobim With Love" CD.

Thanks for posting, FJG!

User Info Menu

Joe has always been one of my favorites. He actually played with my uncle Wally Cirillo in the seventies. An album called solo duo. I met joe when I was 15 ...back in the seventies and studied with him briefly in Miami. I have studied his playing ever since...still learning...for me... the Coltrane of guitar...

User Info Menu