The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

why does he stay in Denmark, when he could be closer to family support in the US?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

dortmundjazzguitar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz jones
    why does he stay in Denmark, when he could be closer to family support in the US?
    he's been living in europe for most of his life. afaik there is only his brother left in the US. and given his poor health it's probably wiser to stay in a country with a good healthcare system. i met him 20 years ago and he was very friendly if a bit shy and appeared quite unhappy to me. i hope he does pull through. he's only 58 and one of the best ever.

A way we all can help doug and other musicians we all love is to buy there music and not just listen to it on certain sites and download for free. I'm sure whatever royalties if any they get are minimal and every bit helps.

User Info Menu

So sorry to hear about his challenges. Any dutch friends in our community (dutchbopper?) - please let us know if you find anything out. I'd be happy to send a handful of shekels through Paypal or something.

Reminds me of when Barney Kessel was passing, with mounting bills and a loving, but overworked wife. For what so many artists give, they should be able to spend their last days on a beach in Hawaii, without a care in the world.

Here's to you, Doug.

User Info Menu

Doug Raney, Danish Radio broadcast. 1989.

Good quality audio.

User Info Menu

Just discovered much of Doug's recordings are on Spotify! RIP.