The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 107 of 107

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    Loved that! You don't see clarinet enough in the 3- and 4-piece combos. What a lovely instrument, I actually love it more than sax for SWING.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Loved that! You don't see clarinet enough in the 3- and 4-piece combos. What a lovely instrument, I actually love it more than sax for SWING.
    I agree. Nice to see a clarinet in a swing setting, but not an only Django music type setting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Check out Martin Taylor’s album Two For The Road with Alan Barnes.

User Info Menu

I like the clarinet for bebop and more modern styles, too. Beautiful instrument that too often gets unfairly relegated to "period" music such as swing, early Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman stuff. I get that the sax fingering is easier, but I just like the sound of the clarinet better (especially than tenor sax, my least favorite instrument in jazz).

User Info Menu

Howard Alden has recorded with Anat Cohen on clarinet. Videos on YouTube. Good stuff. He has also recorded with Ken Peplowski, also good stuff. The guitar and clarinet go well together, starting in about 1939 and continuing til now.

User Info Menu

I saw them a few times when they were on this tour.