The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 33

User Info Menu

This rare book has 64 hand written transcriptions of the greats from '78 and before.
    I bought this book for $9.99. It has a strange sideways view and the wire binding is on the 81/2" side, weird. Never fits with the other books. Weirdness aside, this an amazing collection of transcriptions.

Here is the vast table of contents;

JOHN ABERCROMBIE - Crosswinds, IRVING ASBHY - Gal In Caloco, EVERETT BARDSDALE- Out Of Nowhere, BILLY BAUER - Igor, Billies Beanery, JEFF BECK - Come Dancing, GEORGE BENSON - Sooner Said Than Done, TEDDY BUNN - I've Got The World On A String, KENNY BURREL - I Never Knew, CHARLIE BYRD - This Can't Be Love, LARRY CARLTON - Whispering Pines, CHARLIE CHRISTIAN - Rose Room, Grand Slam, Airmail Special, Solo Flight, EDDIE CONDON - Ja-Da, LARRY CORYELL - We'll Be Together Again, AL DIMEOLA - Jungle Waterfall - HERB ELLIS - Broadway, LLOYD ELLIS - Blues To Go, TAL FARLOW - Night & Day, SLIM GAILARD - Palm Springs Jump, BARRY GALBRAITH - I Hear Music, ERIC GALE - East End West End, DICK GARCIA - Ain't Misbehavin', HANK GARLAND - All The Things You Are, MICK GOODRICK - Corel, JOHNNY GRAY - One Note Samba, GRANT GREEN - Sunkenfoal, TINY GRIMES - Boogie, JIM HALL - Turn Out The Stars, JIMI HENDRIX - Hey Joe, LONNIE JOHNSON - Four Hands Are Better Than Two, BARNEY KESSEL - Down Among The Sheltering Palms, STEVE KAHN - Footprints, EARL KLUGH - Dr Macumba, EDDIE LANG - For No Reason At All, HARRY LEAHEY - Rain Dance, BOBBY LEECAN - Brown Baby, MUNDALE LOWE - Gal In Calico, PAT MARTINO - How Insensitive, JOHN McLAUGHLIN - Go Ahead John, PAT METHENY - River Quay, Bright Size Life, WES MONTGOMERY - Au Privave, Airgin, OSCAR MOORE - The Man I Love, MARY OSBORN - Conversation, JOE PASS - Cherokee, The Sands Of Time, LES PAUL - Bugle Call Rag, JACK PETERSEN - Hey Man, JOHN PISANO - Take Your Pick, ROLAND PRINCE - Mushroom alley, JOE PUMA - Ain't Misbehavin', JIMMY RANEY - Gone With The Wind, DJANGO REINHARDT - Fesival '48, ALLEN REUSS - Rhythm Rhythm, TONY RIZZI - Foot Loose, HOWARD ROBERTS - L.O.V.E., SAL SALVADOR - Boo Boo Be Doop, JOHNNY SMITH - Django, Deep Night, 0500, DEL STATION - Dancing On The Ceiling, GABOR SZABO - Sophisicated Wheels, TOOTS THIELEMANS - Bluesette, RALPH TOWNER - Some Other Time, GEORGE VAN EPS - I Never Knew, CHUCK WAYNE - You Stepped Out Of A Dream, DEMPSEY WRIGHT - Swingin' The Blues, JIMMY WYBLE - First Things First,,,

Now, that is one immpressive list.
    Good job Jack Petersen =)

Good luck finding this rare book. But LOOK
    Last edited by ASATcat; 12-28-2012 at 12:34 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, where do I get one?

User Info Menu

I have a copy of it. When I get done unpacking boxes, I'll scan it and mail it to you, Frank.

User Info Menu

looks wonderful, me too, Jseaberry!!

wiz

User Info Menu

yea yea...I'd like to have a copy of that man...

wide selection of players/styles....sort of all around...

can I get in on this jseaberry...

time on the instrument man...

User Info Menu

This is on top of my list to do.

User Info Menu

Well if you feel like sending me I'd be very grateful!

Jens

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jseaberry
    I have a copy of it. When I get done unpacking boxes, I'll scan it and mail it to you, Frank.
    Wow, thanks. Cheers

User Info Menu

I have scanned the book, but this site would not let me add it as an attachment for some reason. It is too big to send as a Gmail attachment, so I need some other way to either mail it or post it here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jseaberry
    I have scanned the book, but this site would not let me add it as an attachment for some reason. It is too big to send as a Gmail attachment, so I need some other way to either mail it or post it here.
    Free large file exchange service without size limits

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

thank you, jseaberry! very cool. someone may wish to put it on scribd as a more 'permanent' solution, but, man, fileconvoy sure is easy!

again, thousand thanks!

I'm sure Jack would be happy his rare book is getting some love.

User Info Menu

Wow, thanks James!

User Info Menu

this is really something...

great sharing site isn't it..??

time on the instrument..

User Info Menu

Thanks! :-)

Hi all, I've just stumbled across this thread and I would be really interested in getting a copy of this book and making use of it! Sorry for bumping such an old thread but if any of you still have the pdf is there any way I could get hold of it? Cheers in advance,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by musicalporridge
    if any of you still have the pdf is there any way I could get hold of it? Cheers in advance,
    +1

Me too, please!

User Info Menu

i'm in, me too !

User Info Menu

Ditto

User Info Menu

I'd love to get a copy too.

User Info Menu

Jack lives in Prescott Valley and plays weekly in a jazz club in downtown Prescott. I don't know the name of the club, perhaps a letter or email to the Prescott Chamber of Commerce could give more info. He is known in many places a "Texas Jack". I hope this info helps,

wiz

User Info Menu

did anyone else hit a roadblock when trying to download this?

could not complete..etc..etc...

time on the instrument..

User Info Menu

Yes, free storage period time expired. Someone should upload again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pierre richard
    did anyone else hit a roadblock when trying to download this?

could not complete..etc..etc...

time on the instrument..
    Yup! me too, I think it needs to be reloaded. Surely one of you guys could do this.

wiz