Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Im sorry, this video is a little blurred

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don't know about anyone else, but I come to the jazz forum to escape classic rock...

User Info Menu

For me this song is soul, blues, and jazz too- and: it´s swinging.
    How about Bill Frisell: he plays Beatles tunes, or Sco- he records an album full of country tunes.
    In my opinion It´s not about the "what" it´s about the "how".

I´m really sorry, if i empeded your escape from Kpop, autotune, pigrock and so on.......

User Info Menu

That's my favorite Hendrix song and solo. I love the groove and soulfullness of the tune and the melodicism of the solo. It's the only Hendrix song I care to play. (I enjoy listening to many of them---he was my hero when I was 9--but this is the one I want to play and sing myself sometimes.)

Good lesson!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    I don't know about anyone else, but I come to the jazz forum to escape classic rock...
    Pro Tip: clicking on a thread called "Lesson: The Wind Cries Mary" is the wrong way to go about that. ;o)

User Info Menu

the solo on Mary is a very inventive and for me a very tasty one..try doing a solo over the chords and see what happens..

there are many examples of Jimi crossing over into some jazz flavors in his solos..

one of my thoughs ..the what if..he lived would he have developed his playing into some form of "free/open/fusion/jazz" flavored thing that many of todays top players are doing

one thing for sure..we lost one of the most influential guitarist in any genre..and his playing is still being felt today

User Info Menu

Well, nobody knows what kind of music Jimi would be playing today or if? He was only 3 years in the big game. Burning not like a handle on two ends, but more like a nuclear power plant.
    He was taking influences from everywhere- blues, soul, jazz, everything. Also his lyrics- and he wrote some very good lyrics- well, he got a lot from Bob Dylan. But he transformed everything into his own. And his music has so much warmth.
    Genius is a big word, i guess he was some kind of. His playing and performing was so powerful. And he was such a free spirit. But like many free spirits- because of the money he got squeezed like a lemon. Michael Jeffrey, his Manager, he was a real gangster. I once had a look t the touring schedule- often two shows a day and always criss-cross the country. Unbeleavable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Pro Tip: clicking on a thread called "Lesson: The Wind Cries Mary" is the wrong way to go about that. ;o)
    Maybe I thought it was a jazz version because of where it was posted, but alas...

User Info Menu

we shouldn't have any worse problems....

User Info Menu