Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

Video Acoustic guitar with electronic backing

Hi!

I have been kind of puritan sometimes with playing certain styles. After I understood that music is music and styles are devices that are not better from each other things have gone little bit strange. In a good sense I think.

Here is little composition I made. I wanted backing harmony that could support the idea of guitar.
    I hope you like it!
    Kindest, Mikko

Last edited by MikkoKarhula; 01-13-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Nice! Was disappointed that you didn't continue exploring your theme. I couldn't agree more with your comment about musical styles.

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft View Post
    Nice! Was disappointed that you didn't continue exploring your theme. I couldn't agree more with your comment about musical styles.
    Thank you! I'm little disappointed at the same thing myself.
    It's interesting how many of my years have passed by denying certain music styles. But maybe it's needed for concentrating to some certain styles. Yeah, but music is fun and joyful.

Kindest, Mikko

Nice! What did you do to the sound?

Nicely done. You mentioned further exploration of the theme and I agree, I wanted more but that's a good thing. As a performer it's better to leave them wanting more then have them looking at their watches.

I think you should look at this as a really well done proof of concept.

Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by docsteve View Post
    Nice! What did you do to the sound?
    Thank you! Guitar has in some parts of basic sound with basic effects reverb EQ and etc. Then there is another track where I used electric guitar effects and modeling to this miced acoustic guitar. Backing track was made from some pad samples from Garageband.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Nicely done. You mentioned further exploration of the theme and I agree, I wanted more but that's a good thing. As a performer it's better to leave them wanting more then have them looking at their watches.

I think you should look at this as a really well done proof of concept.

Thanks for posting.
    Thank you for your nice comment and guide!

Kindest, Mikko

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed