The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Posts 151 to 175 of 293

User Info Menu

Perhaps Little Walter's best known performance: "My Babe." Nice guitar part in this one too!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's a guitar lesson "My Babe," both the "traditional" way and then a more contemporary one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Perhaps Little Walter's best known performance: "My Babe." Nice guitar part in this one too!

And the source where Willie Dixon picked it up from:

User Info Menu

Is it possible to attach PDFs or similar files as part of a post? If not, I'll find a host and link, but I have a mid 70s interview with Teddy Bunn that's worth posting. He comments on his favourite records, some of which are relevant to this thread (more the Swing end of things, but still dance music).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGerry
    Is it possible to attach PDFs or similar files as part of a post? If not, I'll find a host and link, but I have a mid 70s interview with Teddy Bunn that's worth posting. He comments on his favourite records, some of which are relevant to this thread (more the Swing end of things, but still dance music).
    Yes, it is possible. If you look in the row along the top of the window that appears when you wish to post a reply, you will see several icons. Toward the right end is one that allows you to 'insert image'. That should do it.

User Info Menu

Here is a non-musical example:
    (I clicked on the "Insert Image" icon, then chose "from computer" when prompted to indicate where the image would come from, then clicked on "basic uploader" on the bottom right hand corner of the prompt box, found the image in a folder of my downloads, clicked on it, then hit the 'upload files' button on the bottom of the prompt box.

Attachment 24040

User Info Menu

More Tiny Grimes----

User Info Menu

Thanks for your help Mark. It wouldn't allow me to upload a PDF (kept getting 'invalid file' message), so here are the individual scans:

Jump Blues-1-jpgJump Blues-2-jpgJump Blues-3-jpg

User Info Menu

Thanks for your help Mark. It wouldn't allow me to upload a PDF (kept getting 'invalid file' message), so here are the individual scans:
    Great stuff! Thanks. I don't know why it wouldn't let you upload the scans. Maybe someone else knows more about this.

User Info Menu

Not really Jump, but just listen to the Swing on these tracks. That feel is seldom heard today. there's also a nice little guitar solo oo oh pa pa da.

Last edited by GuitarGerry; 10-07-2015 at 02:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Really like that tune, "Why Did We Have To Part?"

User Info Menu

Really like that tune, "Why Did We Have To Part?"
    Yeah, it has a great feel and I love the vocals. Play it a few times and you'll be singing it in your head for days.

User Info Menu

Yeah, it has a great feel and I love the vocals. Play it a few times and you'll be singing it in your head for days.
    It's already happening! I was thinking, "Hey, I should learn this tune...."

User Info Menu

babs gonzalez was real hip rascal..in the best sense..hah

wrote a very engaging auto-biography..worthy read

Jump Blues-i_paid_my_dues__77991-1407171414-500-750-jpg

babs, slim gaillard and harry the hipster gibson. three hep-cats

cheers

User Info Menu

Didn't know about the Babs Gonzales biog Neatomic. That's my Xmas present sorted!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

O, man, Hound Dog Taylor! Hadn't heard him in a long time. This is a favorite that I suspect most of us will enjoy.

O, man, Hound Dog Taylor! Hadn't heard him in a long time. This is a favorite that I suspect most of us will enjoy.

Actually Hound Dog plays guitar with Little Walter in the videos previously posted here.

User Info Menu

Here's a lesson on playing the rhythm part for "Give Me Back My Wig".

User Info Menu

Duke Robillard live doing "Jump The Blues For You."

User Info Menu

Who doesn't love "Cole Slaw" when it's served up by Bill Jennings?

User Info Menu

hound dog used a very obscure kingston branded teisco made guitar

Jump Blues-img_13376598021583-jpg

cheers

Hey guys I've always loved this video. The solo Rusty lays down is really cool. Enjoy!!

User Info Menu

That was cool! I'm going to have to save this whole thread,it's great. Thank you all for all the video and lessons.

User Info Menu

that rusty draper vid is cool..very django inspired solo!..unexpected

always liked this version of the same tune..the great mills brothers with bing crosby

cheers