Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 39 of 39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JakeAcci
    Who else????
    Hah now you are asking! Off the top of my head:

Bruno Heinen
    Mischa Adams - Abbado
    I don't know if Pasquale's parents were classical musicians, but he certainly had a lot of high level classical and jazz input early on.
    Stockhausens and Ligeti's kids include some jazz musicians AFAIK - they are older...
    Sure there are loads more...

None of these guys have broken through like Collier though, of course. I do think JC is pretty unique.

Hang on - whoa! Initials! :-)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Hah now you are asking! Off the top of my head:

Bruno Heinen
    Mischa Adams - Abbado
    I don't know if Pasquale's parents were classical musicians, but he certainly had a lot of high level classical and jazz input early on.
    Stockhausens and Ligeti's kids include some jazz musicians AFAIK - they are older...
    Sure there are loads more...

None of these guys have broken through like Collier though, of course. I do think JC is pretty unique.

Hang on - whoa! Initials! :-)
    When Quincy signed him I said " oh no, I hope all that high powered industry access doesn't taint is 'credibility' " but I am very glad that this time I was wrong. Quincy always has his heart in the right place. It's just that some of his protogees somehow don't hold up under all that bright light and pressure.
    Good for Jacob! The future is bright so long as he keeps pushing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by West LA Jazz
    GREAT STUFF! Ha. ... His father, ... Moriarty ...
    Elementary.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by West LA Jazz
    When Quincy signed him I said " oh no, I hope all that high powered industry access doesn't taint is 'credibility' " but I am very glad that this time I was wrong. Quincy always has his heart in the right place. It's just that some of his protogees somehow don't hold up under all that bright light and pressure.
    Good for Jacob! The future is bright so long as he keeps pushing.
    Quincy does seem set on leaving a legacy.... I have older musician friends too who have benefited from his patronage.

What a dude!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    Elementary.
    Well of course...

User Info Menu

He's a looper...

Extreme looper. He reminds me of South African DJ Black Coffee who's an extreme DJ. They're both really good and it goes beyond 'novelty music'. Instead of wasting his time shmoozing with big shots in the US I'd like to see Black Coffee collab with Collier.
    That would be crazy.

User Info Menu

Jacob Collier - 21 against 22 on Northern Line to...

Haven't tried it myself so maybe it's easier than it seems. Or not The guy does have an insane internal clock though.

User Info Menu

He's remarkable...I find him impressive. As in "wow."

I also find most of what he does to be very frenetic, and unlistenable. I'm getting old.

User Info Menu

I could listen to this kid improvise all day..

User Info Menu

It's YouTube music for me, like Dirty Loops...

This is the new form right?

User Info Menu

The trouble with being so multi-talented like that is that you generally end up doing nothing in particular. You might do it very well, of course, but that doesn't seem to matter.

But he's young... :-)

User Info Menu

Great post ! Thank you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    The trouble with being so multi-talented like that is that you generally end up doing nothing in particular. You might do it very well, of course, but that doesn't seem to matter.

But he's young... :-)
    With Quincy Jones as his friend and mentor I think he should do okay.

User Info Menu

Amazing dude, boring music.