The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've noticed there's a lot of latino music on the spotify Top 50 Global playlist lately.

User Info Menu

Norteno, conjunto....that stuff has been extremely popular here in TX for a long time. I enjoy the very tight brass sections and the accordion. Sometimes the casio keyboard sounds grate on me a little but the more traditional music is very festive and enjoyable. I see Prevost buses with Mexican license plates touring here along I-35 pretty frequently so it must be generating a good deal of money.

User Info Menu

Korean music also. K-Pop has become huge all over the world, for the past 5 or 10 years. It's no longer just the US and UK.

User Info Menu

If we are talking Mexican music, time to plug Natalia Lafourcade, who has basically become my favorite current artist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    If we are talking Mexican music, time to plug Natalia Lafourcade, who has basically become my favorite current artist.

Have heard this woman a bit before. Outstanding. Completely different from the stuff I hear on the radio here but the rhythm has a similar flavor. Most Mexicans here are from northern reaches. Maybe im off base but this strikes me more as having more of the Carib flavor you hear out of Cuba and similar places. Has kind of an island feel. Shes from veracruz area....Great stuff. I completely understand why you enjoy it. I am kind of loud and brash with my music so I very often listen to more mellow stuff like this on my personal listening time. Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Mexican metal/Prog from Guadalajara

User Info Menu

I guess as the latin person in the room I'm allowed to remind people that it's just appropriated Bavarian/Tyrolean music.

But thanks for appreciating latino culture.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont

Wow, she’s great!