The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It was such an incredible strat Jimi gave it to the studio. LOL

Guy must've drove the guitar there in a dump truck in order haul all the bullshit he's hawking around with him. I don't give a crap who played it, it's a guitar. Every other guy I know puts his pants on one leg at a time. Jimi owned dozens of strats. They can't all be worth 600-700k.

As jimi said "Chuck Berry took this one to the toilet and didn't have no toilet paper so watch out for the pickguard."

Just more junk. My curmudgeonly two cents on a rainy day.

User Info Menu

It's not the Holy Grail; it's just a guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    It's not the Holy Grail; it's just a guitar.
    The holy grail is not the holy grail either. It's an invention of medieval poetry/literature.

User Info Menu

A drop of Jimi's sweat fell on me at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, May 25th 1969. I immediately put it in a special bottle provided to me by UNESCO so we could clone him 50 years later, even tho' in 1969 I didn't know what cloning was. I've been offered 10 million dollars for it and one time I had a Spetznatz team dispatched by Vladimir Putin try to steal it from me. so now I keep it in a highly guarded Swiss bank vault.

Jimi's Studio Guitar-jose2-jpg

I'm pullin' yer leg about all that. except the part about the concert, I was there that day. As for this "Jimi played it" fetish type shit... it's sad and retarded.

User Info Menu

Isn’t that what Buddy Miles used to? Sell ‘Jimi Strats’ to people.

User Info Menu

When the guitar was first brought in, I thought there was no way it was legit. Especially being a 1963 model and every Strat I've seen him play were late 60s models with the larger headstock. I was surprised that the expert validated it. Maybe it was one that belonged to a studio that he played. In any event, it's absolutely bonkers that the guy wanted 750k for it and that Rick offered 600k.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieAG
    When the guitar was first brought in, I thought there was no way it was legit. Especially being a 1963 model and every Strat I've seen him play were late 60s models with the larger headstock. I was surprised that the expert validated it. Maybe it was one that belonged to a studio that he played. In any event, it's absolutely bonkers that the guy wanted 750k for it and that Rick offered 600k.
    Beyond absurd.
    I mean even if a person is kinda touched in the head and into the "Jimi played it" sickness, there's no photographic evidence or anything beyond taking someone at their word. And I know that no one would ever lie when 600k is on the table, lol.

When I was in the UK in 1980 I had a buddy who had a 100 watt Marshall head that had JHE stenciled on it in white paint. He got it in a shop in London in 1975. I don't recall what he paid for it but there was no question it was real, cuz nobody had even thought of commoditizing Hendrix yet.

"They may even try to wrap me in cellophane and sell me, brothers help me." - Jimi Hendrix 1968

User Info Menu

One of the tricks of the trade is that you ask your expert what the item is worth in private, not in front of the owner. You do not want the owner to know what the item is worth; you do not want to hand him a bargaining counter. But then, of course, this is not real. This is a television programme.

Jesse Amoroso, owner of Cowtown Guitars, was not an independent expert called in by the pawn broker to appraise the guitar. He was the owner of the guitar. You can read about the guitar and Amoroso here, in the catalogue entry for a sale at Guernsey Auctions in 2017. The extensive provenance of the guitar is also described.

The guitar was first sold at auction in 2005, by Heritage Auctions, for a mere 250,000 USD. It was last seen in the hands of Matthieu Lucas, the French dealer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Always a good time to see Jimi's one of a kind guitar. Thanks for sharing the video.

User Info Menu

Jimi's Studio Guitar-kipa1-3205363891-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    One of the tricks of the trade is that you ask your expert what the item is worth in private, not in front of the owner.
    How can you do that when you're both just seeing the guitar for the first time in front of the owner?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    How can you do that when you're both just seeing the guitar for the first time in front of the owner?
    The expert will call you later. After all, he is working for you, the dealer, not the owner. Telling the owner that the guitar could be worth a million (which is nonsense, incidentally) is giving him a free valuation and a lot of leverage.

But in this case, the expert was the owner, so the valuation was just for the show.

User Info Menu

I think the holy grail has never been found because it's likely a chamber pot but everyone out there is assuming and looking for a drinking vessel. People are weird.