The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Can I get a Hell Yeah?

The Iggster is still out there, flailing away at conformity and gentility. He is not going gentle into retirement. He is kicking and screaming.

Ace back up band with Duff McKagan (bass), Chad Smith (drums) and Josh Klinghoffer (guitar).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sounds a bit formulaic for him. Professional players. What I like about the Stooges is that they were messy, both technique-wise and compositionally. True punks. Now it sounds practised. LOL.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Sounds a bit formulaic for him. Professional players. What I like about the Stooges is that they were messy, both technique-wise and compositionally. True punks. Now it sounds practised. LOL.
    IDK he's 75. He's lucky to still be alive, so I think he can play whatever he wants...

I'm not expert on Iggy, but seems that he often fluctuates between messy/anarchic/punk and very controlled, highly styled music. I Wanna Be Your Dog vs China Girl.

Can't fault the band. They've had their share of anarchy and RNR excess.

User Info Menu

It sounds like what it is, professional musicians backing Iggy Pop. The spoken word tracks are the most interesting ones in my opinion.

I wonder how they did it, all together or if it was pieced together in everyone's home studio.

User Info Menu

I liked hearing it. At 75 he sure isn't the real wild child he used to be. Who is? I saw an interview with him recently. He's looking after himself (obviously). Drinking tea. Swimming. He came across as a real sweet guy. I had a bit of a hard time reconciling the graphics in the vid with the guy I saw.

User Info Menu

I heard "Raw Power" blaring from my older brother's room when it first came out in 1973. (9th grade, to me.)
    Highly energetic, fun. Great sound for the band.
    I really haven't cared much for anything of his I've heard since. (Both my brothers are fans, so I've heard a lot.) I think Iggy's autobiography (I Need More) is well worth reading but that aside, I never thought he could write for shit. I'm glad he's still around but I've never understood what the big deal is about him. I mean, he's only five foot one.

User Info Menu

Old Iggy

User Info Menu

... I know Iggy is still ambulant but how Rock & Roll would it be to see the audience pass him overhead in his wheelchair.

User Info Menu

All I’m saying, is listen to Neo-Punk and tell me there isn’t a 20-y/o spirit in that 75 y/o body.

I'm a mini thug, I'm all jacked up on drugs, I'm a neo punk
    Emotionally, I'm a celebrity, I'm a neo punk
    I don't have to sing, I got publishing, I'm a neo punk
    I can puke and drool your swimming pool, I'm a neo punk (Help)

Got a custom Rolls-Royce, I'm a neo punk
    Got a spot on the voice, I'm a neo punk
    Old ladies cum when I flash my junk
    I'm a hunky, Gucci model neo punk

Punk, punk, punk

I get fucked up so I won't kill myself
    Like almost everybody else
    My hair is blue and my prescription too
    I never have enough to do (Do, do, do, do, do)

I'm a hunky, triple-platinum neo punk
    I'm a hunky, Gucci model neo punk
    I'm a hunky, Libertarian neo punk

Punk, punk, punk
    Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, alright (Woo)