The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10
    Made album with 12 orginals recorded in strange places like on pier, woodshed etc. There is also 4 completely improvised tracks. Here is first track from the album.

Cheers, Mikko

Lähetetty minun SM-A035G laitteesta Tapatalkilla

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Man oh man, that is some sweet playing, Mikko!! Just really really nice!

Can you tell me a little about your Cort and how you recorded it?

Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

Nice one Mikko.

I'm also writing a bunch of classical/jazz stuff with an aim of recording them sometime in the future.

The fun for me is currently in the writing and seeing if I still like the piece a week or two later.

My problem is that I write something that I like a lot then a week or two later I think it sounds like rubbish

I'd also be interested in your recording process as well as your writing process.

Looking forward to your next tracks

User Info Menu

Great sound and playing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Can you tell me a little about your Cort
    Is that an OC8 or a higher model? I've been looking at the OC8-N(ylon) but it was just beyond my budget. (An OM with traditional fan bracing could have been very interesting though...)

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Man oh man, that is some sweet playing, Mikko!! Just really really nice!

Can you tell me a little about your Cort and how you recorded it?

Thanks for posting.
    Thank you! It is Cort GAPF budjet guitar. I recorded this piece at our house's wood/etc. workshop with just using Zoom h6 hand recorder I always use. Nothing fancy really. Then edited it with Cubase.Classical/jazz solo guitar albumClassical/jazz solo guitar album

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    Nice one Mikko.

I'm also writing a bunch of classical/jazz stuff with an aim of recording them sometime in the future.

The fun for me is currently in the writing and seeing if I still like the piece a week or two later.

My problem is that I write something that I like a lot then a week or two later I think it sounds like rubbish

I'd also be interested in your recording process as well as your writing process.

Looking forward to your next tracks
    Hi!

I tend to get tired with my pieces quickly but when I listen them after taking break for some time they feel ok. I forgive me those little mistakes and hear the whole better after taking longer break in listening.

I used here simple hand recorder Zoom h6 and Cubase.

Composing is so huge topic that it takes hours to talk about. You might want to check my little video about one composing idea here:

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Great sound and playing!
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Is that an OC8 or a higher model? I've been looking at the OC8-N(ylon) but it was just beyond my budget. (An OM with traditional fan bracing could have been very interesting though...)
    This is GAPF. It cost 560€. It took long time to find such a nice guitar in that price range. Very good playability and craftmanship, good pickup, really nice looks and good sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikkoKarhula
    This is GAPF. It cost 560€. It took long time to find such a nice guitar in that price range. Very good playability and craftmanship, good pickup, really nice looks and good sound.
    Thanks, good to know (I see they have a model with myrtlewood and one with blackwood B&S, too)! I'd noticed (and wondered about) the arched back on your video