The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Just discovered the Jim Lill YouTube channel. I don't know all that he does but I've seen a couple videos where he dives deep into how certain players got certain sounds. (In his video on J T Corenflos half-open, half-closed 2x12 cab he makes his own.)

For the heck of it, here's a Brad Paisley song I like.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It doesn't go with the paisley look at all, IMHO

User Info Menu

Cool video. Obviously a labor of love. Core sound: Telecaster! Tube amp! Tons and tons of practice, practice, practice! Tenacity! Talent! And so forth....

User Info Menu

Which of the two videos?

User Info Menu

Paisley is a clever songwriter. So much of that sound is in his fingers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Which of the two videos?
    Both, actually. But mainly the first, exhaustively researched, what they call "deep dive" into the nuts and bolts underlying one artist's approaches to producing a sound that is record-able and sits where it should in the mix through almost any playback medium. This is no mean feat.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Brad is one heck of a player, and his Mrs is cute as a button

User Info Menu

This, right?

I think the Paisley sound is probably Tele, Fender amp, compressor. Modern country players are big on compression.

User Info Menu

Wampler makes quality pedals. My Wampler Belle ( a Nobles ODS-1 riff) is kept handy for tightening up tones. A keeper!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Wampler makes quality pedals. My Wampler Belle ( a Nobles ODS-1 riff) is kept handy for tightening up tones. A keeper!
    Indeed. I love the Tumnus. It's a Klon clone +.

User Info Menu

This is the tune I always think of first when thinking of Brad Paisley. Absolutely stellar musicianship by the whole band, and just a quick, bouncy, funny song that I couldn't play if my life depended on it And it's sooo shiny...