The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This guy. Favourite classical improvisor, just fantastic

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

An excellent video, C, but certainly beyond the ken of your average unschooled guitarist. Improvisation, unbeknownst to some readers, was not discovered in the 20th Century.
    Marinero

User Info Menu

Great video. There seems to be a revival of all that basso continuo and partimento stuff via YouTube.

Having grown up with the Music of Bach, Georg Friedrich Händel [sic ], Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann and Mendelssohn-Bartholdy this reminds me to go back to classical from time to time.

From a friend of mine (long time no see):

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    An excellent video, C, but certainly beyond the ken of your average unschooled guitarist. Improvisation, unbeknownst to some readers, was not discovered in the 20th Century.
    Marinero
    Yeah, improvisation and jazz get conflated, but it’s one thing that’s universal. Btw there’s some more stuff on Michael’s channel demonstrating improvisation in the style of Chopin and even Scriabin. He doesn’t just do baroque stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bop Head
    Great video. There seems to be a revival of all that basso continuo and partimento stuff via YouTube.

Having grown up with the Music of Bach, Georg Friedrich Händel [sic ], Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann and Mendelssohn-Bartholdy this reminds me to go back to classical from time to time.

From a friend of mine (long time no see):

I don’t know if you know Nikhil Hogans channel but it has content relevant to both jazz and partimento (his latest thing seems to be video game music haha, and he’s had major Hollywood film composers on too) anyway here’s an interesting little spot from his interview with Isaac Raz that may interest if you haven’t seen it.

Ill post his BH relevant interviews in the relevant thread. They give some interesting perspectives.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    I don’t know if you know Nikhil Hogans channel but it has content relevant to both jazz and partimento (his latest thing seems to be video game music haha, and he’s had major Hollywood film composers on too) anyway here’s an interesting little spot from his interview with Isaac Raz that may interest if you haven’t seen it.

Ill post his BH relevant interviews in the relevant thread. They give some interesting perspectives.
    I know his channel (the Richie Hart interview is great, for example, as is the one with Jon Raney, Jimmy’s son and Doug’s brother), but you remind me I haven’t watched the Hal Galper interview yet.

The piano player in the video I have posted, Juan Jose Chuquisengo, BTW was a student of the great conductor and teacher Sergiu Celibidache as were the two in this interview that might interest you as well.