The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    I’m not entirely convinced I’m on board with sonata form, actually. I think it’s ok provided it’s doesn’t get out of hand and suddenly it’s 45 minutes long and you’re still in the bowels of the first movement and I need to go to the loo. No call for that sort of thing.
    I've have no kick against modern jazz,
    Unless they try to play it too darn fast,
    And change the beauty of the melody
    Until they sound just like a symphony.

—C. Berry

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BickertRules
    Unfortunately we don’t get to live in the culture we would prefer, but rather just do the best to flourish in the one we’re born to. Ed Bickert was a “bright spot”; Paul Desmond and Bill Evans even brighter. I’m not so sanguine about jazz as a genre, but there are a few artistic geniuses there.
    I'm quite glad I don't live in the C18. Or 50s America as a black musician for that matter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    I'm quite glad I don't live in the C18. Or 50s America as a black musician for that matter.
    I don’t recommend going backwards; it can’t be done anyway. But can’t we have indoor plumbing, human rights, and great art and music?

In theory, yes, but there are too many reasons why it won’t get better for a very long time and too much momentum behind the decline. We had a good run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BickertRules
    I don’t recommend going backwards; it can’t be done anyway. But can’t we have indoor plumbing, human rights, and great art and music?

In theory, yes, but there are too many reasons why it won’t get better for a very long time and too much momentum behind the decline. We had a good run.
    Most believe we do have great art and music. It is part of the modern condition. I doubt you will find much sympathy for your position on a jazz forum.

User Info Menu

I think you all are correct. Not a decent psalm has been composed since King David passed away. All downhill…

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk