The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Posts 201 to 210 of 210

User Info Menu

Mr Crab has this to say

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Split Enz were proggy before Finn Junior joined.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Mr Crab has this to say
    aha! Classical music from hundreds of years ago.

User Info Menu

At least they were vaguely ominous Johnny the little rotter was about as menacing as a wet tea towel

User Info Menu

I had no idea that music was so complicated. I had to go to the dictionary to figure out what some of you are saying...see the ball, hit the ball they say!

User Info Menu

Grand Silent System

Not influential (relatively recent Australian band) but influenced by prog-rock and the last band I discovered, a number of years ago, that sparked an interest (for me) in post-prog rock (I didn't know somebody still played music influenced by Prog). And by the way, guitarist Daniel Calabro's father (Tony Calabro) is a jazz guitarist and a jazz guitar teacher.

User Info Menu

Australia seems to be the centre of the progverse atm.

After catching them at Eurovision (lol) I’ve been quite enjoying Voyager, I’m not sure how much they’d appeal to the prog cork sniffers around these parts but they are definitely on the spectrum. I get the feeling that they just love a lot of different kinds of music… There’s a lot 80s synth pop in their sound too, along with Meshuggah. The appeal of Prog is largely about the eclectic and unlikely combinations as much as the musical cleverness for me… (such as going Djent at Eurovision haha)

They have been doggedly in the trenches for like twenty years supporting various big names - I hope Eurovision gives them a new audience…

I like their lead guitarist, Simone Mow

Last edited by Christian Miller; 05-21-2023 at 04:29 AM.

User Info Menu

Australian? Eclectic and unlikely combinations? Say no more, squire.

User Info Menu