Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 57 of 57

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Sweet some spicey chords.

Autumn Leaves is one of the progressions in the Cocker book. I'll be going over this in the future.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Sweet some spicey chords.

Autumn Leaves is one of the progressions in the Cocker book. I'll be going over this in the future.
    Yeah, but that 7th chord, the Gm with a major 7th sounded horrid!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Yeah, but that 7th chord, the Gm with a major 7th sounded horrid!
    Cocker's chord chart also has the Gm(maj7th) also, I played just Gm7 instead. Interesting that they both went with that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Cocker's chord chart also has the Gm(maj7th) also, I played just Gm7 instead. Interesting that they both went with that.
    It’s the half step clash between the major 7th and root that’s the issue. He’s playing rootless voicings, so I’ve no idea why he chose to play the root there.

User Info Menu

Well, it doesn't look like much of a study group at this point; maybe later.

(Not trying to kick any butts)

Anyway, I'll post now and then; need the practice to get over camera nervosity.

Coker is 1/4 of my piano practice. Half is tunes, now with a ticker.

User Info Menu

I'd love to participate here if I had more time.

We just borrowed a keyboard from the library. The kids are loving it and are well able. They've been around music long enough to work stuff out by ear.

It'll be great for them to learn theory while they are learning the keyboard too.

Maybe since I'm spending a little time at the keyboard each day I can sneak in 5 minutes of my own practice?

Fep are you still working with this book?