The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

B52s, just because.

Seriously rockin.

Last edited by Peter C; 10-19-2021 at 04:33 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have liked that line since I first heard it.

User Info Menu

The Alien wife wants her man back and will give (him?) fish and candy as a reward.

Last edited by Peter C; 10-19-2021 at 05:46 AM.

User Info Menu

She is offering fish and candy to the Jolene who took her man.

User Info Menu

Understood. Maybe she has plans for that fish?....

Last edited by Peter C; 10-20-2021 at 05:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Love the B's.

I remember a guy raving about this group that was playing in Atlanta around 1980, though he had a hard time describing exactly what kind of music they played. I think he mentioned weird outer space surf dance music or something similar.

I got their first record, which of course is unique and awesome, but didn't get around to seeing them for a year or 2. By then they were semi-famous. We ended many a party at the frat house with the song Rock Lobster.

They were a fun group of people. Apparently they are working on another album. I follow Kate Pierson on Facebook, and she's quite a hoot.

User Info Menu

Atlanta, 1978.

Everyone had matching towels.

User Info Menu

"weird outer space surf dance music"? If you substituted weird for punk (insert where it feels right in the word order), I would kind of agree. Kate is an absolute force of nature; they're all great.

I just had a moment imagining this high art trash punk (you could go on forever) with a bit of prog rock thrown in. If something like that had happened in the UK in the 70s I would never have sold my guitar. However, we ended up with an ugly bunch of hooligans who couldn't play. (The Stranglers weren't punk, btw).