The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Found some cool new stuff lately, starting with browsing through the post-Fela work of drummer Tony Allen, who unfortunately died last year

Here is a Jazz-Afrobeat Fusion record he made in 2017

the guitarist on this record was Cameroonian Indy Dibongue, who just released this tribute to his fellow countryman, guitarist, electronic music pioneer and writer Francis Bebey

which led me to discovering Francis Bebey

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

African music… I LOVE TOTO!!!

All joking aside, this is cool stuff. I really love hearing the Middle Eastern scales they use in their traditional songs. African rhythms are a big part of Mediterranean music as well.

Can’t wait to check the videos out when I get home on WiFi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

African drumming has been my entrance gate into music.

I bought my first Djembe drum in 1990 - some 31 years ago.

thanks for the links, gotta check them out later on.

User Info Menu

Coincidentally, I was listening to Mdou Moctar this morning.

User Info Menu

Random stuff from several decades spent wandering around (mainly west) Africa...where to start...I used to go into 'recording studios' - places that buy 1 copy of every new release & then sell bootleg tapes....ask if I could sit & listen...most of it hasn't made it to youtube yet...

Senegalese bias 'cos I lived there for 10 yrs...to Togo 'cos it's got the words best food, the bias to the female voice I only noticed as I was posting links - someone in Senegal did ask me once if I had a thing for Guinee Conakry shouters...Also...I need to get into some new shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjNw7jIPEXU

User Info Menu