The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am officially addicted to these:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ah, the 80's...when they were good, they were very, very good, and when they were bad...

Great song, with a great swing. Love the thumping bass on that one. And that frock coat and the hair.

The singer Corinne Drewery put out a new album a couple of years ago, and there was an interview with her on NPR. She's kept a pretty low profile.

User Info Menu

Good feeling music.

The quality of musicianship on a lot of 80's pop is really remarkable. Nothing was half-assed. There was certainly some rebellion against that polish in the music that came out during my teen years...I would have hated this then...but I love it now.

Not to sound geeky, but Andy's use of a b5 passing chord down to IV is absolutely beautiful, whether he uses a Maj7 or an Aug5 on it , it's always great.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Good feeling music. I would have hated this then...but I love it now.
    My sentiment exactly. Funny how we mature.

User Info Menu

I loved it then, and still love it now.

User Info Menu

Many of their songs would do well in a movie score. In fact, many of their videos had a bit of an epic "movie" feel to them.

Their song "Twilight World" is one of my all-time favorites. Corrine Drewery was a bit of a boyhood crush for me as well. I loved her crazy band hairstyle and her beautiful mouth when she sang. And then that voice.... nothing Earth-Shattering but just smooth and heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    Many of their songs would do well in a movie score. In fact, many of their videos had a bit of an epic "movie" feel to them.

Their song "Twilight World" is one of my all-time favorites. Corrine Drewery was a bit of a boyhood crush for me as well. I loved her crazy band hairstyle and her beautiful mouth when she sang. And then that voice.... nothing Earth-Shattering but just smooth and heavenly.
    Yeah, besides the cool grooves and smooth voice, she is a cutie.