The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes!!! I love slide guitar! I bought the Complete Recordings of River Johnson as a 16-year old in the 90s and all my friends thought that I was nuts. They mostly liked classic rock, grunge and metal, but I loved the wail of a slide. While they gushed for Nirvana, I was tearing up Muddy Waters’ Chess Box and Elmore James.

So post more slide stuff, because I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zcostilla
    Yes!!! I love slide guitar! I bought the Complete Recordings of River Johnson as a 16-year old in the 90s and all my friends thought that I was nuts. They mostly liked classic rock, grunge and metal, but I loved the wail of a slide. While they gushed for Nirvana, I was tearing up Muddy Waters’ Chess Box and Elmore James.

So post more slide stuff, because I love it!

Thank you - glad you enjoyed it. Slide guitar is a passion of mine. It's the most vocal-like style of playing guitar.

User Info Menu

Yeah! That's the stuff! Slide on, TOMMO!

User Info Menu

Great!

That looks like a nice guitar…but slide is one of the few genres that sounds just as good, maybe better, on an old broke down, beat up guitar.

I’ve got an old Harmony set up for slide, just haven’t quite achieved your level of skill!

User Info Menu

Thanks Doctor!

User Info Menu

Nice!

User Info Menu

Not trying to hijack your thread, and I’ll gladly delete this if I am. But I had to get in on this. I’d love to hear everyone else play some bottleneck slide too, if that’s ok with OP. I’m on Open D tuning on my Martin 0-15 12 fret.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zcostilla
    Not trying to hijack your thread, and I’ll gladly delete this if I am. But I had to get in on this. I’d love to hear everyone else play some bottleneck slide too, if that’s ok with OP. I’m on Open D tuning on my Martin 0-15 12 fret.

Not hijacking - thanks for your contribution - nice playing! I play this in open G though which I think is the original key and tuning as well.
    If I may comment on your playing: loosen up your fretting/sliding hand on the vibrato - you seem to be rather tight there.
    Beautiful guitar btw!
    If anybody wants to post some slide playing: you're welcome!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    15 THE SUN IS GONNA SHINE AGAIN

15 THE SUN IS GONNA SHINE AGAIN

The final track of UTONIA, my 2003 solo album. Thought for the day.
    Link?

User Info Menu

Working on it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Working on it!
    Very very nice - thanks for posting!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Not hijacking - thanks for your contribution - nice playing! I play this in open G though which I think is the original key and tuning as well.
    If I may comment on your playing: loosen up your fretting/sliding hand on the vibrato - you seem to be rather tight there.
    Beautiful guitar btw!
    If anybody wants to post some slide playing: you're welcome!
    Yeah, no mater how long I’ve been playing, I get recording shy. I’m fine around people, but add a microphone or a camera and I tense up. So weird. It’s another reason why I had to add the pickup, because if I don’t see the cable, I don’t pay it any mind.

Last edited by zcostilla; 08-24-2021 at 06:13 PM.