The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I can't wait to hear what HepToTheJive thinks of it.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Always a good time to share this.

AC/DC: The Board Meeting - McSweeney’s Internet Tendency

With all due respect to Malcolm, one of the greatest riff writers in rock history. I'm not sure I trust anyone who plays guitar and doesn't have at least a little soft spot for AC/DC.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I can't wait to hear what HepToTheJive thinks of it.
    Well, ok, haha, since you asked...

I dig it, some good tunes, nothing new, but who would expect otherwise. Brian voice is amazing, still no sign of aging at all. And I really liked the backup 'gang' vocals that are more emphasized on this one.

Through The Myst Of Time is my favorite tune here, even the lyrics "...and the painted ladies, yes, the painted ladies'', I dunno its kinda funny in a good way.

One negative thing for me, maybe it's just me, but Phil Rudd isn't cutting it anymore. If I was them, I would keep the other drummer. Phil is a wash up, bleak version of his own old self. Too harsh, maybe, but how I feel.

Good album, I'm glad they did it, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy this one, I will listen some more on Youtube for now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    Well, ok, haha, since you asked...

I dig it, some good tunes, nothing new, but who would expect otherwise. Brian voice is amazing, still no sign of aging at all. And I really liked the backup 'gang' vocals that are more emphasized on this one.

Through The Myst Of Time is my favorite tune here, even the lyrics "...and the painted ladies, yes, the painted ladies'', I dunno its kinda funny in a good way.
    I like that song too. I think "Shot in the Dark" is my immediate favorite. The opening track, "Realize", doesn't knock me out. Lot of songs, more than usual, all just over 3 minutes long. Hmmm..

I haven't kept up with them lately, so I was surprised to hear this came out.

User Info Menu

My favorite band growing up, I have all their vinyls plus a bunch of bootlegs It's essentially rhythm guitar and drums, these two can carry most of the tunes by themselves...

User Info Menu

I can remember soaking away the day's grime in our giant cast-iron tub after work listening to my son lifting to AC/DC, with the bass & drums filtering through the ancient walls. I remember thinking, "Man, these guys have got a really great beat!" It's primal, and effective.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I like that song too. I think "Shot in the Dark" is my immediate favorite. The opening track, "Realize", doesn't knock me out. Lot of songs, more than usual, all just over 3 minutes long. Hmmm..

I haven't kept up with them lately, so I was surprised to hear this came out.
    Yes, I noticed too, very short solos as well. Not necessarily a bad thing, maybe Ramones influence? (Angus would hate this remark lol).

I dont think anyone kept up with them lately, they're as usual very quiet until they got something to show music wise. Now that is a highly admirable thing in these social media constant worthless noise times!