The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

They have made seven studio albums since 1972, the most recent in 2007. They don’t seem to have much commitment. But they do tour a lot. They seem to have become their own covers band.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    They have made seven studio albums since 1972, the most recent in 2007. They don’t seem to have much commitment. But they do tour a lot. They seem to have become their own covers band.
    They all have had pretty active solo careers after the first big Eagles split up.

A lot of older musicians are like that...the Stones, Springsteen, Billy Joel (has he even written a song since 1985?).

I was impressed at how well the Eagles can still perform in public. They're not ready for the old-age home yet.

User Info Menu

I have always liked Neil Young’s direction on country rock much more than The Eagles. It may have something to do with the fact that Neil pretty much does it himself while it takes 2, 3 or 4 of The Eagles to do it. A lot more production is involved and that kind of diminishes the appeal to me for some reason.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    They seem to have become their own covers band.
    Before the virus I thought about going out as my own parody tribute act.

Then I remembered that I started out that way and it didn't work the first time.

Still, at least I'd still be in "Show Business."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    A lot of older musicians are like that...the Stones, Springsteen, Billy Joel (has he even written a song since 1985?).

I was impressed at how well the Eagles can still perform in public. They're not ready for the old-age home yet.
    Springsteen makes a new album every couple of years. The Stones and the Eagles perform their old hits, which is rather sad.

User Info Menu

They ( the Eagles ) were ok, but they'd stuff that ' don't you wish you were here ' - California thing, down yer throat - like the Beach Boys.....

I could take that California stuff from the Airplane w/Gracie S and the Birds, etc.....but the B Boys just were never cool, and the Eagles just seemed to continue that...

Just an envious midwesterners' two cents worth..... : )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    They ( the Eagles ) were ok, but they'd stuff that ' don't you wish you were here ' - California thing, down yer throat - like the Beach Boys.....

I could take that California stuff from the Airplane w/Gracie S and the Birds, etc.....but the B Boys just were never cool, and the Eagles just seemed to continue that...

Just an envious midwesterners' two cents worth..... : )
    I understand where you’re coming from, but the record buying public did not seem to mind the ubiquity of The Beach Boys or the Eagles...

User Info Menu

A "little symphony for kids"...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit
    A "little symphony for kids"...

[video=youtube;Eab_beh07HU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU
    .....' cause if you still couldn't get to sleep even after listening to their other 'Greatest Hits', there was always GV.......

...... " love the shirts, but the surf looks knarly today, dude "....

User Info Menu

Envious indeed.

User Info Menu

.......and another dude who was just too righteous..........The Eagles-jeffspicoli2-jpg