The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Matched up to a video, but you get the idea. Wow!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes you can really hear the artistry of the voice when unaccompanied .

This is also a powerful performance , thogh of a different nature

User Info Menu

He had an incredible voice. I remember him with Tammy Terrell and Kim Weston. Ain't no mountain high enough, Ain't nothing like the real thing. Hy Lit, a local DJ called him Marvelous Marvin on introductions. The good old dayz.

User Info Menu

great marvin gaye soundtrack

trouble man

cheers

User Info Menu

Marvin's brother, Frankie Gaye wrote a very touching biography. It's a good read for fans of this amazing vocalist.

User Info Menu

My dad was in the hospital with a heart attack in the 70’s, when he got a roommate in the ICU...Marvin Gaye. Marvin had collapsed at a concert in Chattanooga. My dad said, “You wouldn’t believe all the people that came in and out of the room...and the outfits.”

Understatement I’m sure.

What a great talent...

User Info Menu

Love Grace too. The most beautiful rock chanteuse of the 60’s, IMO, well maybe alongside Melanie and Michelle Phillips. And a voice that could crack windows.

User Info Menu

I played sax with an R@B band in 1969 at a club on 23rd and Pulaski(?) in Chicago with my trumpet partner for two nights. The band played "Let's Get it On," "Grapevine," "What's Goin' on," and "Mercy." Marvin was the soup du jour for all R@B groups during that period. Here's one of my favorite MG songs. Enjoy! Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    Matched up to a video, but you get the idea. Wow!

Fantastic... stunningly good. (I record my own vocals and other peoples vocals, so I've heard myself isolated, I'm not worthy)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    I played sax with an R@B band in 1969 at a club on 23rd and Pulaski(?) in Chicago with my trumpet partner for two nights. The band played "Let's Get it On," "Grapevine," "What's Goin' on," and "Mercy." Marvin was the soup du jour for all R@B groups during that period. Here's one of my favorite MG songs. Enjoy! Play live . . . Marinero

Are you sure? Let's get it on and What's going on weren't released until 1973 and 1971.

User Info Menu

Well here's another one...

Obviously one of the coolest guys in the universe at the time. Don Cornelius pretty cool, too.

That bassline...how many babies were conceived to that rhythm??
    Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 10-05-2020 at 09:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Well here's another one...

Obviously one of the coolest guys in the universe at the time. Don Cornelius pretty cool, too.

Hi, D,
    Marvin was shot to death by his father; Don committed suicide by gunshot wound. Tragic. Play live . . . Marinero