The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Thanks for asking, GTRMan. I'm still in recovery from Covid. Generally my brain and body are still very tired, and I sleep two or three times during the day. Last week I lost all sense of balance, and couldn't stand, and then everything went black for a few moments. Apparently this is a known side-effect, but so far has been a one-off. Then there are moments when I feel 100% fine, usually - as now - first thing in the morning. Overall, I seem to be on the right trajectory, there is no pain, and I am a little less exhausted than I was last week. So far it has been ten weeks like this, and might be another ten before I am out of it. According to data gatherers at Kings College in London, whose app I fill in every day, I am very much not alone: one in twenty have a similar long-term recovery. One thing I really don't like is that I have almost zero creative energy, and haven't played guitar much at all since this started, but I am able to listen to music and read books, and am enjoying doing so more and more each day. I'm not down or depressed, just a little fed up. Cheers :-)
    I missed the bit about you getting Covid....don't know how, your posts are among those I read whatever the thread's about.

Ten weeks is a long time to feel less that 100%, I hope you're back to normal in much less time than that..

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

today I can listen only to Carlos Kleiber and Furtwangler recordings

User Info Menu

Does anybody know if the documentary Rob mentioned, Being Beethoven, is available in the U.S.? You can't watch it in the U.S. from the BBC website due to some copyright stuff.

User Info Menu

I hope it will be available, if not now then in the near future, especially as there a couple of US academics contributing. Unfortunately, I can't recall their names.

User Info Menu

Rob - wishing you full recovery from this pestilence. Godspeed!