The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    I beg to differ. I would really like to have heard Joe try Crossroads or White Room or Layla or Purple Haze...
    I guess that would be fun.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    I beg to differ. I would really like to have heard Joe try Crossroads or White Room or Layla or Purple Haze...
    Didn't J.P. do an album of Rolling Stone's covers?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft
    The comment above mine and not the snarky trolling post but the one about watching people up and dancing and having a party is what music is also about and it is really disappointing when musicians rag on other successful musicians on a musical forum. That doesn't mean one can't express or have an opinion.
    Being a rock guitarist on a jazz forum, I understand that my priorities and aims for the music will likely differ from the majority of the membership here ... but my own goal in a rock gig is not to impress people, but to inspire them. And sometimes, yes, that means a two-chord vamp with little virtuosity and a lot of groove.

That too is a skill to be cultivated. Carlos is damned good at it, and his music makes folks happy.

<insert joke about guitarists changing lightbulbs>

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    Or, more to the point, every great got their own niche, and if they knew what's good for them, they kept at it.
    Or, perhaps, found, and gave, pleasure in knowing they had their own voice on the instrument, even if the Guitar Gods™ might not approve?

User Info Menu

By the way ... title cut to the last Santana album I thought was worth a damn. Chester Thompson on keys. This piece moves me as few do:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Didn't J.P. do an album of Rolling Stone's covers?
    You are right sir!

The Stones Jazz - Wikipedia

I thought I had at least heard of every Joe album, but never heard of this one. Will have to check it out.

I do love that song Blues for Salvador. Yes that is a good album, and this cut shows why Santana is a master in his own way.

Chester Thompson is a drum icon but I didn't know he played keys (a huge number of drummers do, though).