The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posts 151 to 159 of 159

User Info Menu

all roads lead to zappa

eddie van halen was franks son- dweezils- main guitar inspiration...he copied his playing note for note

cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FuseHead
    Shut up an play yer guitar is my pick for greatest Fusion release of all time. I got to see it live. It was non stop from start to finish the most impossible imaginable, performed to perfection. Not just guitar but every instrument. A pinnacle not even R2F reached.

so I consider Zappa to be the king of fusion as in all his releases he certainly fused every style possible into them.
    How did you get to see it live man? It wasn't one concert! I'm fact it was a bunch of performances thrown together to make a studio album release!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fz2016
    How did you get to see it live man? It wasn't one concert! I'm fact it was a bunch of performances thrown together to make a studio album release!

Not only... It was just a bunch of guitar solos culled from various performances from various years. Mostly it was live, but a few studio jam tracks were included, as well.

Some people just get carried away.

User Info Menu

He was a jazz/rock/experimental musician. A genious and inspired many others with his open mind for music compositions

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Frank Zappa? Sui generis. I had all his early stuff up through Uncle Meat. Lumpy Gravy was a particular favorite, as was Rueben and the Jets. We're Only in it for the Money contains some of the most trenchant social observation I've ever heard. I mean, like, what is the ugliest part of your body??
    Some say your nose...

User Info Menu

You could make the case for anyone being a jazz guitarist these days, unless they just play "Mustang Sally" in bars every night.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    You could make the case for anyone being a jazz guitarist these days, unless they just play "Mustang Sally" in bars every night.
    Fair cop.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal
    As for San Berdoo, check out this song from the 50s film His Kind of Women. Some nice backing guitar on this one.

Hi, J,
    I don't think Mitch was listening to the music!
    Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Zappa is a jazzplayer from hell.