The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53
    Not sure how I got turned onto Stanley Jordan but I bought that Magic Touch album on cassette as a kid and wore it out. Just loved it. He has an album out with "Christian" guitarists Phil Keaggy and Muriel Anderson. Listened to a few seconds of it and it sounded very directionless and noodly. But it was a short few seconds; maybe it gets better.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I first saw Stanley busking in Palo Alto ,Ca. Then in concert . Truely a genius

User Info Menu

After grad school i headed to the SF bay area to teach. We lived with my brother in law in sunnyvale until we could get our own place. He was finishing his PhD at Stanford and teaching guitar classes at Terman middle school in Palo Alto. He told me about this student, Stanley Jordan---and i'll always remember that my bro in law said he never tried to change Stanley's inventive approach! And i believe Stanley was busking in Palo Alto even in middle school. I also remember that my bro in law was given tickets when Stanley was invited to perform on the johnny carson show...