The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 60 of 60

User Info Menu

grahambop there is lots of fantastic live crusaders on youtube (and with LC)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gggomez
    grahambop there is lots of fantastic live crusaders on youtube (and with LC)

haha yeah I just finished watching that one!

User Info Menu

and since I am online, skip to the 8:26 minute mark to hear the most insane version of Higher Ground live 1974 (oh my all those cover bands that play this song please listen to this man it is so loose so much space even though so much is going on just so so funky)

sorry, don't skip. Be blown away by the first 8:26 and then grab on to your chair for the intro of Higher Ground.

User Info Menu

This may be more soul than funk but it's a killer groove. Booker T and the MG's had a lot of 'em. (Time is Tight, Hip Hug Her, Soul Limbo...)

User Info Menu

Johnny "Guitar" Watson's "siren" intro to "Gangster of Love" is pretty cool. (If you've never seen the TV show "Dragnet", you'll miss some of the humor here.)

User Info Menu

"Use Me" by Bill Withers

User Info Menu

Rufus> You've Got the Love Ray Parker Jr. guitar and writer!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Binyomin
    "Use Me" by Bill Withers
    That is a great one!

User Info Menu

More Jamerson and the Funk Bros, guitar and bass intro:

User Info Menu

I was listening to this on the way home tonight -- thank Buddha for seat-belts, 'cause my ass was moving:

All the way home I was thinking about how Zappa talked about playing guitar with a little bit of garlic -- and goddamned if Sco ain't tangy here, on top of a bumpin' groove.
    Last edited by Thumpalumpacus; 11-21-2016 at 10:43 PM.