The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 38 of 38
    perfection...perhaps the single best word to describe SD.

thanks for the post,
    dale

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

wow! Cool! Great playing and sound :-)

User Info Menu

Thats amazing soloing-- can't tell the difference between you & Larry & all on a Tele
    are you playin through a Dumble amp ?

dslee - thanks for giving your time to check this out and we appreciate the kind words!

tony.quayle - really appreciate the kind post - i wish i could play through a Dumble just once but doubt that will ever happen! It's a Headstrong Lil King.

best,
    dale

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Nice work again!

I think I read somewhere that LC played a Tele on that song. He frequently plays a Tele on tour - says he prefers it for blues and bebop licks. (His bio also mentions he was shot in the throat and almost killed in 1988...didn't know that, glad he recovered.)
    I also remember reading an interview with him where he says he used an old tweed deluxe as the amp on that tune. What a great sound & tone, just goes to show you don't need expensive equipment.

just recently saw a Premier Guitar mag Rig Rundown on LC. His pedal board is surprisingly simple and i guess could be referred to as 'dated' by some. I personally was reminded with skills such as Mr. LC's maybe you don't need too much in your signal chain

User Info Menu

Yeah
    He uses that Shobud volume pedal quite a bit for soloing & bending

Was it Larry who recorded the soundtrack for the popular US detective series " The Rockford files' back in the 70.s

thats got voulme pedal all over that solo

Tony
    SE London

I'm not sure about RF but i know he did play on the theme of Hillstreet Blues with i think Mike Post.

User Info Menu

Yeah ! I had this on a 12" back in the late 80's & on the B side was theme from Rockford files with all those cool swells from his shobud volume pedal

the thing is some people say he did that later the original TV session cut of that solo was another guitarist ? dunno who ?

On the Vol 1 instructional video Larry talks about the song don't give it up- which is essentialy an arpeggio run
    practice this for a few weeks & watch the improvement in your plectrum control & soloing.... incredible !

Eddie Laing played a lot of arpeggio style soloing

Theres a sad Bing Crosby story baout Eddie & his Tonsils which led to his untimely death-- I'll save that for another time

Have a great day!!

Tony ( the steely Dan fanman)
    SE London

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tony.quayle
    Yeah
    He uses that Shobud volume pedal quite a bit for soloing & bending

Was it Larry who recorded the soundtrack for the popular US detective series " The Rockford files' back in the 70.s

thats got voulme pedal all over that solo

Tony
    SE London
    I think it was Dan Ferguson.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tip off !
    Never heard of Dan F but will check it out

Have a cool day

Tony ( Steely Dan fanman)
    SE London

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby
    We make 3 passes at each tune for the video team to get all the shots we have to choose from, we also have the audio tracks from each pass to choose the best from.
    Ah, I was wondering about that. All 3 takes must have to be almost identical to do that, correct? Tempo, fills, etc.

Yes they are....we do try to play the songs very close to original so we are very close with each take. For tempo we play to a click so that's not an issue. Thanks again for sharing music with us!

dale