The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

grew up listening to country...still play a lot of Chet Atkins tunes (for a little something different)...then Buddy Holly....Duane Eddy...The Ventures...then I found Kenny Burrell and jazz guitar...been there (here) ever since....time on your instrument....pierre..

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

No one mentioned:

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

If you are new to Bluegrass/Country, check out Flatpicking Guitar Magazine. It is an amazing resource and will lead you to hundreds of others:

Flatpicking Guitar Magazine

Bill

User Info Menu

I played country music gigs for a couple of years and always had a great time.The music generally was easier to play than jazz but the atmosphere was always terrific.Always a friendly crowd and lots of people buying you beer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morjaz
    I played country music gigs for a couple of years and always had a great time.The music generally was easier to play than jazz but the atmosphere was always terrific.Always a friendly crowd and lots of people buying you beer.
    Your comments here bring back a lot of memories for me. Starting in the early 50's up until 2005 I was playing country gigs. Like you, I met friendly
    people..always plenty of beer...and you always knew when a womwn liked
    your playing and cultivated your interest. Nowadays, I rarely do a country
    gig...been working hard on playing jazz (the great American songbook) as
    well as some jazz standards. As you can tell, I'm up in years (77) but I'm
    not about to give up playing.

Take care and enjoy your music.....The Earl of Soco

Earl Allen

User Info Menu

Back in the day I saw this band at bluegrass festivals. I think they're closer to gypsy jazz than bluegrass, but they were labeled bluegrass.