The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

I decided it would be a good idea to start a thread dedicated to the best flamenco on YouTube. Check out the dancer Sarah Baras in this video. Awesome rhythm, don't you agree?

Last edited by czardas; 04-27-2011 at 03:33 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great thread, czardas!!! Hopefully I will be posting some interesting things, this one for starters:

Quote Originally Posted by alienito
    Great thread, czardas!!! Hopefully I will be posting some interesting things, this one for starters:

Nice bulerias. I'm glad you posted it.

I'm surprised it took 3 months for this thread to get a response. Perhaps because I lost favour with many forum members by disagreeing on many theoretical points. No skin off my nose, but I felt it was an uphill struggle.

User Info Menu

Hi czardas, I'm new to the forum, but I love flamenco and will be visting this thread regularly!! I love la Paquera and el Sordera too!!!

Glad you liked that bulería from El Rafita!! Have you seen the melismas perfectly paired with the cajón breaks? My goodness, his voice is almost a percussion instrument!!!

The first flamenco I ever heard was the excellent album "Solo Quiero Caminar". The title song will always have special meaning to me, as I was actually living a life on the road in Andalucia at the time I heard it. Funny coincidence.

User Info Menu

Well, I love flamenco guitar. Im very impressed by the "flamenco"-ers technical knowledge, and like the music style also. I have a good friend he plays that style, i am always amazed by his playing. But blues and jazz gonna do for me, it would took me years to reach that level on flamenco, but it is gonna take years to take myself on that level of jazz and blues, too. So I choose jazz and blues, and listen to those players instead being confused of what to learn. And I dont like nylon stringed classical guitars.

ps.: czardas! I like your nick, sounds veeeeeeeeeeery familiar to me (of course, czardas is a hungarian dance) ;-)

Thanks for the responce mrblues. Flamenco doesn't have to be complicated to be good. There's a certain something intangible about it though, which I guess can only be experienced at the source.

User Info Menu

Hey czardas, you have good taste in flamenco music I particularly like the Solea por Bulerias you posted a while back, good stuff. How do you feel about Tomatito?

User Info Menu

Love this thread. I am so loving Flamenco, and have over a few years saved some videos. However I may have lost some because Youtube raided our channels and deleted quite a few of the feve vids though I did have quite a few lol. Anyway I will try and share those I still have here. This one moves my soul so much

User Info Menu

Great staff!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by czardas
    I decided it would be a good idea to start a thread dedicated to the best flamenco on YouTube. Check out the dancer Sarah Baras in this video. Awesome rhythm, don't you agree?

Fantastic feel!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I want to learn the very basics of understanding the compas first doing the hand claps and then application to guitar in all the flamenco forms possible.

User Info Menu

Great post!
    I live in Jerez (Spain) I think this is like Samois for the gipsy jazzers.
    All people know about the great Paco de Lucía, but I think you have to look for Niño Miguel.
    Please look for him in youtube (his flamenco vals is awesome), he was (is) a real genius with a disastrous life.

I love flamenco and gipsy jazz because they're an exquisite bridge between folk and highly technical music.
    Last edited by sjl; 10-04-2012 at 07:34 AM.