The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Did Kermit have his truck with the barbecue pit in the bed? That cat's a riot, and he can play that trumpet. He did a fun song several years back with a lot of kids in it---he was the daddy wanting them to eat right but they were otherwise inclined. I miss that radio station, WWOZ (-known locally as O-Z).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markerhodes
    Did Kermit have his truck with the barbecue pit in the bed? That cat's a riot, and he can play that trumpet. He did a fun song several years back with a lot of kids in it---he was the daddy wanting them to eat right but they were otherwise inclined. I miss that radio station, WWOZ (-known locally as O-Z).
    Nah I was quite pissed, I missed out on his bbq. But when he told me he was gonna 'cue up some nutria.' I was glad I missed it! Nutria are things you turn the dogs loose on to chase from under your shed in VA, apparently there such a problem in NOLA, they put them in the food chain!

But he was great! Real down to earth cat! I've met guys basically playing for beer with less humility than that guy. He is a cat in the truest sense. He played this video of him going around town and it was really corny and he was laughing harder than anybody. The place gets packed quick and I mean packed. Table of three older waspy ladies occupied the closest spot(in their normal lives these ladies probably spend half the day saying 'oh why i'd never.') but that night, they were giving any 20 year old sorority girl in the quarter a run for her money...he had to stop playing one time and say 'hey, girl, be careful that's my momma, right here!' joking of course, because the ladies were getting pretty raw.

Truly, I had a year of fun there in one week. After going I just can't understand how people could spend a week there and never leave the Quarter.

User Info Menu

The public library I went to---the Nix Branch on South Carrollton--had a nutria (-stuffed toy) for a mascot. He was named Newt. Yeah, NOLA's the only place I ever lived with a "nutria problem."