I see a lot of gear enthusiasts and equipment authorities here. Is there anybody in the Boston, MA. area who wants to get to know the guitar better through playing? I'd love to work on, share ideas on duo playing, solo improvisation and arrangements, explore the challenge of harmony and melodic playing, inside and outside, standards and original pieces too if you're so inclined.
    I can't talk about gear, but I'd love to find new ways to play through doing. If you're starting out, and really interested in getting better, off book, that's great. If you can hold your own over song form and want to get better at soloing, comping, expanding your vocabulary, getting as good as you can be, there's only one way that'll happen. Let's play.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anybody use the Goodchord Voice Leading Books?

David who started this thread was organizing some duo improv sessions in Boston
    awhile back. He formerly was posting under the moniker of Truth Hurtz now shortened
    to TH. I suggest sending him a PM.

User Info Menu

this is a thread where I first spoke about this.

Welcoming Boston Improvisors: New space to meet and play

Thanks Bako. Yeah it turns out that for having a reputation for a city with guitarists who like jazz, there is nobody who actually wants to get together and actually play. But thanks all for having a nice online place to chat and stay up to date on gear anyway.
    How do people in other cities wind up finding others to play jazz duo guitar with? Is it such a weird thing?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Deaf Tony
    How do people in other cities wind up finding others to play jazz duo guitar with? Is it such a weird thing?
    I made a lot of connections with local players through the music programs at colleges in the area, and by going to jam sessions. You could also post on Craigslist, which seems to have gone downhill in almost every way over recent years, but there are still some good players lurking there.