User Info Menu

Hello all, I am in simi valley, CA currently and I'm looking to learn with players near me. It's very tough finding players to play with where I live and I don't mind driving a bit. I'm not a seasoned player but I've been improving quite a bit lately and would like to finally get the chance to play with someone else.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Oh shoot nice. Have you been to this jam session before?

User Info Menu

No I haven't been to that group. There is a similar Group in San Diego that I have participated in. Check it out, there should be like-minded folks. You can schedule meetings yourself or join someone else's. If you set up your own meetings you could have any agenda that you want.
    B+
    Frank (aka fep)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep View Post
    No I haven't been to that group. There is a similar Group in San Diego that I have participated in. Check it out, there should be like-minded folks. You can schedule meetings yourself or join someone else's. If you set up your own meetings you could have any agenda that you want.
    Do you know of any such groups in the Orange County area? Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal View Post
    Do you know of any such groups in the Orange County area? Thanks
    Hi James, Go to this site: meetup.com , then do a search with your location and try to search on Jazz, and/or Jam, and/or Jazz Jam. I bet you'll find a few. I think these jazz meetups are mostly beginners or intermediate in level, but you might find/meet a few folks that are more advanced.
    B+
    Frank (aka fep)

Checked out this jam session tonight, it's great and welcoming. Thanks for the suggestion fep