Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

I know that TruthHurtz organized a meetup for Boston guitarists from the site. Anyone interested in us New Yorkers giving it a shot. There are a bunch of practice spaces we could chill, talk, and play? Or maybe a cafe? Rudy's soho? Give me a hollar.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I'm interested. i could do some leg work on finding space. But if you already have ideas for spaces, then by all means.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the initiative. I would be interested, too. As mentioned, there are a numerous studio possibilities -- about cafes that could accommodate a number of players, I'm not sure: perhaps see first how many of us might be up to meet.

User Info Menu

i am interested //

User Info Menu

Oh no, wished you had posted a bit earlier. I was in town from the 23rd July till August 10 and would have loved to be involved. As it goes I managed to get up and check out truth hertz hang in Boston and a few other people that post here ( not the ones that spend all their time arguing about gear though, LOL ) and had a wonderful time and a lot of positive energy. Looking forward to doing it again.
    cheers

User Info Menu

I'm interested.

John

So, where do we do this thing? I am open to all ideas except Brooklyn... No hatin', just sick o' driving there. Love the job, hate the commute.

User Info Menu

I'm interested, live in Yonkers. Keep me in the loop!

User Info Menu

Whatever happened to this idea? I'm looking for someone(s) to hook up with and jam...
    "Without music, life would be a mistake". Nietzche

"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable" Leonard Bernstein

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chancho View Post
    Whatever happened to this idea? I'm looking for someone(s) to hook up with and jam...
    Well, I joined your meetup group as I'm coming to NY in July but a few days ago I get an email saying I've been removed from the group because of no communication. Dude, you do realize it was over easter, I've been on holidays? I also run a meetup group in Hong Kong but perhaps in New York, the response time is supposed to be in New York minutes.

User Info Menu

I remember and you're welcome to join use. You must be warned that this meetup was created by me with the idea of it being made up of newbies who are trying to get better. After 3 meetups I can tell you I'm the least experienced of the bunch, but because I created the group I can't get chucked, Hee Hee!
    "Without music, life would be a mistake". Nietzche

"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable" Leonard Bernstein